1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Recipe for homemade Nilla wafers

Discussion in 'Women's Fellowship Forum' started by following-Him, Apr 29, 2013.

1. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

I have lost my recipe for homemade Nilla wafers. Can anyone help me out please as I would love to make a banana pudding and our next trip to the US is a long way off at the moment.

Thank you!!:wavey:

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) get in the car
    2) go to store
    3) purchase item
    4) return home
    5) serve to guests

:smilewinkgrin: :saint: :laugh:

3. following-Him

Thanks Salty. You may not have noticed but unfortunately I am in the UK. We don't get stuff like that over here. Few people seem to know what Banana pudding is over here. Maybe we have been spoilt on our travels but we would really like Banana pudding :)

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I remember when I was in Germany, our (U.S.) pastor would love it when someone from the church (a GI) would buy peanut butter at the military commissary for him as they could not find it in a German Store.

5. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

Here is one I have found online:
    Homemade Vanilla Wafers:
    1 stick butter
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 egg, large
    1 Tbsp vanilla
    1 1/4 cup All Purpose (plain) flour
    1 tsp baking powder
    Cream the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add the egg and vanilla and mix well. Combine the flour and powder and mix in. Using a small ice cream scoop (or a 1/2 tsp measuring spoon), scoop the dough onto a cookie sheet. You should get about 20-24 cookies on a pan. Bake 350 degrees for 10+ minutes. Let their color be your guide to their doneness. You want brown edges and tan, crispy cookies.

6. following-Him

Thank you for the recipe. Now, who makes banana pudding with a meringue topping? :laugh:

7. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

I do! It's a standard dessert here in our family. :)

All you do is take the egg whites and beat them until soft peaks, then add a couple tablespoons of sugar and about a half teaspoon of vanilla flavoring. Then beat until stiff peaks. Spread over the pudding, and cook in a moderate oven until nicely browned on top. Some people broil it, but I find it burns too easily.

I have also made this with fresh strawberries. Very yummy, too!

8. following-Him

That is just how I do mine Gwen. I think it must be a regional thing because that is how it was served when we were in NC, but in other states when I mentions meringue on banana pudding I was met with a blank look lol.

I will enjoy using the recipes but we have been blessed with a lovely person sending me a box of Nilla wafers. Guess what's on the menu for lunch on Sunday :) :laugh: :wavey: