1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Recommended Bible Teachers

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Botfield, May 24, 2007.

1. Botfield

Botfield New Member

Which Bible teachers would you recommend? I am particularly interested in End Times prophecy from a premillennialist viewpoint. Thank you. :thumbs:

2. Allan

Allan Active Member

Just off the cuff, I'd say - La Haye, Ryrie, McArthur, there are many others but it is 5:40 am and I have been working all night so my brain is almost pure mud :laugh:

3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    John MacArthur

He has a book titled "The Second Coming" and another one on the book of Revelation called "Because the Time is Near".

4. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

If you want some serious works, read Ryrie, Walvoord, Alva McClain (Greatness of the Kingdom is one of the watershed works on premillennialism). RL Thomas has some good stuff. The best resource is the Bible of course.

5. Lou Martuneac

Lou Martuneac New Member

I would recommend God's Prophetic Blueprint at Bob Shelton Gospel Ministries.

LM

6. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Late Great Planet Earth by Hal Lindsay (jk :D )

8. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are going to have make up your mind about which one do you want, Bible teaching or premillinialism?:laugh:

George Ladd is probably the best premill guy that is not dispensational, which most of the other fellas mentioned are. Premill is not the same as dispensationalism

9. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

"Things to Come" ,by Dwight J. Pentecost is considered one of the best books on teaching Bible prophecy, you might also want to consider ":godisgood: Understanding Bible Prophecy for youself" by Tim LaHaye.

These two books will give you the tools to study for yourself and make your own decisions.Both are premellinial but present the other points of view as well leaving you to your own decisions.

10. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Just my 2 cents.

I read "Things to Come", and I believe Pentecost is a good writer and he deals with the popular views at the time reasonably well. He does make errors, however. I suggest you use critical thinking while reading the book. Ask yourself at every point if Pentecost really has a case, or if he just sounds convincing. A lot of his points didn't sit right with me, and I later discovered why.

I don't agree here and wouldn't recommend LaHaye at all. I may disagree with Pentecost, but I think Pentecost approached the topic well. I can't say that of LaHaye.

11. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

You can read George E. Ladd "Presence of the Future", Geerhardus Vos "Pauline Eschatology" and John MacArthurs "The Second Coming of Christ."

12. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Probably one of the best books written on End Times subject!!! You can borrow just about any book in my library----except "Things to Come"----I've learned over the years that if I "lend" someone a book---good chance I'll never see that particular book again!!

13. FERRON BRIMSTONE

FERRON BRIMSTONE New Member

John Macarthur is my favorite.

14. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

15. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

I guess my question would be then npetreely, what have you written that is as good or better then either Pentecost or LaHaye?:godisgood:Have you read Lahayes book"How to Understand Bible Prophecy for Yourself"?

#15 Plain Old Bill, May 27, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2007
  16. baptistteacher

Site Supporter

Dr. Charles Dyer, formerly of Dallas Theological, now at Moody Bible Institute, has some interesting books. He visited Saddam's rebuilding of Babylon back before Americans became "personna non grata" after the first gulf war, and has many pictures he took while there.

Also Dr. Tom Constable, of Dallas Theological. His notes/commentary on the Bible can be found at http://soniclight.com/ and read for free. {.pdf reader required} He was one of the best teachers I had at DTS. You can also buy a CD-ROM of the notes.
    :type:

17. D28guy

D28guy New Member

One, above all others...

The Holy Spirit. :thumbs:

"When He, the Holy Spirit has come, He will guide you into all truth"

God bless,

Mike

18. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

John Whitcomb, Herman Hoyt, Renald Showers and Thomas Ice are four that come to mind that I don't believe have come up on any of the other post.

19. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Is that the name of the game, then? Okay, what have YOU written that makes you qualified to recommend any of them?

20. gopchad

gopchad New Member

End times/prophecy:
    Chafer - The Kingdom in History and Prophecy, Moody Press (out of print???)
    Walvoord - The Revelation, Moody Press
    Pentecost - Things to Come, Zondervan

Dispensationalism in general:
    Ryrie - Dispensationalism, Moody Press
    Showers - There Really is a Difference, The Friends of Israel Gospel Ministry
    Fruchtenbaum - Israelology: The Missing Link in Systematic Theology, Ariel Ministries