1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Recreate

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by JonC, Aug 10, 2016.

1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think, or perhaps merely hope, that there comes a time in everyone’s life when they come to a realization of priority. Looking back to the time I spent as a seminary student, I realize that that was a time of intellectual and spiritual growth at the neglect of my health. I truly never recovered from seminary (health wise, anyway). Looking back at 23 years in the Army, I realize the demands of priority of mission inflicted upon my family and my own life. And I realize the demands of operations manager in my current occupation that I must balance as a second career.

A thought occurred to me this evening. I have a pool that I have not used in years except to clean an maintain. I have a table for four and a table for two on a deck. I have two lounge chairs. I have used none of them.

I have resolved myself to use them, to take time for myself and my family. I am not talking about neglecting my responsibilities, but about living up to them. I’ve implemented boundaries with my employer, and more importantly with myself, for time that I have apart from work. Once the owner asked me what I had planned for that day (as we had a busy schedule). I answered that I may watch a tree grow, and suggested that he allocate such time in his life and schedule.

I am not advocating neglect. I am collecting a retirement and still working over 50 hours a week for a company to which I am loyal. But I am suggesting that each of you make time for yourselves. Make time for God, make time for your family, and make time for yourself.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1