1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Redemption From Sodomy

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Mark Osgatharp, Sep 24, 2002.

1. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

I think this is a sign of how out-of-touch the far right wings of both Christianity and the Republican party are. Even socially conservative pundits like O'Reilly don't find fault with homosexuality. Despite what it looks like here, those opposed to homosexuality are a dwindling minority (alongside those opposed to equal rights for women and racial minorities).

Joshua
    </font>[/QUOTE]That is simple to answer, help me scholars, I am too tired to look this up tonight, but what does Jesus say about the narrow road and that the "majority" will not find it?

Bro. Joshua, what is your view on abortion? You take on all the other characteristics of full fledged left winged liberals.

2. JamesJ

JamesJ New Member

Here is a testimony from Stephen Bennett about what our Lord Jesus Christ did for him.

Redemption from sodomy is real !! PRAISE GOD !!

------------------------------------------------------------------

I would personally like to introduce you to Stephen Bennett Ministries. As
    a former homosexual, Jesus Christ has truly changed my life. After living
    as a homosexual until I was 28, well with over 100 men sexually (many whom are
    dead today from AIDS) and finally in love with another man who was going to
    be my partner for life, I accepted Christ as my Saviour in 1992, and I have
    never been the same.

Today, I am happily married over 9 years to my beautiful wife Irene, who
    knew me as a homosexual, and never stopped praying for me. We also have 2
    beautiful little children, a boy and a girl. I am completely free from my
    homosexual past, and it's all because of Jesus Christ!

My goal is now to reach the world with the truth about homosexuality, and
    change this nation's course before it's too late. My heart is to reach out
    with the truth in love to the homosexual man and woman, and lead them out of a
    life of pain, loneliness and sin, into a new life with the risen Saviour!

We need your help. If you have a love for Christ, and desire to reach the
    largest mission field going unreached - the homosexual, will you partner with
    me in doing so? Become and Annual Member of Stephen Bennett Ministries, or
    Monthly Support Partner, and make a difference for eternity. This ministry
    has touched tens of thousands for Christ, and it's because of dear people like
    you who care. I've included info at the bottom of this e-mail update how
    you can help. Please - together, we can make a difference!

Lord bless you, and thank you!

In Christ,

Stephen Bennett
    Stephen Bennett Ministries
    www.SBMinistries.org

[ October 07, 2002, 07:09 PM: Message edited by: JamesJ ]

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Joshua, equating homosexual behavior with the racism and sexism our culture has been guilty of is logically baseless and appalling. It is saddening that you'd make such a statement my friend.

4. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

Amen Tom
    Murph

5. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

Yes, but effective among the masses who are led astray by those like Joshua.

[ October 08, 2002, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: Pennsylvania Jim ]

6. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

7. stubbornkelly

stubbornkelly New Member

I just noticed something -- the title of this thread is "Redemption From Sodomy." No, I noticed that before, but I guess I'm wondering if anyone sees the distinction between sodomy and homosexuality?

8. Johnv

Johnv New Member

That's what I wanna know. Why is it we're equating sodomy with homosexuality? That's not the topic of the thread. I get from reading the threads that the general concensus is that sodomy only applies to same gender activity. I don't think that's the case. My reading is that sodomy is similar to fornication; in other words, it's a sexual activity, and therefore allowed in a marital relationship.

My two cents is, if two people are married, what they do in the course of a loving sexual relationship is entirely up to them, and not sinful.

[ December 02, 2002, 06:55 PM: Message edited by: Johnv ]

9. Dave Bussard

Dave Bussard New Member

Thanks to this thread I have found one thing that wrenches my stomach muscles more than two men having sex...Men that have sex with each other and then preach 'jesus.'

Sorry, I just couldn't find the strength to capitalize Jesus in the above sentence.

Dave

10. hrhema

hrhema New Member

Watching the history channel one night when they had a program called Sexuality in the Ancient World made me realize that probably the majority of men in the Corinthian Church had one time been involved in homosexuality.

The men of Greece were very bi-sexual. THey usually married women only for procreation and for prestige but their desires were homo-sexual.
    Those who were affluent usually had many young male lovers. It was very common for these men to have homosexual relationships with their male slaves and servants. This was a highly acceptable way of life in Greece and even amongst the affluent of Rome. This was what Paul was dealing with when he wrote to the Roman Church. Greek influence was powerful in Rome along with its homosexual philosophies and lifestyles.

PAul was not dealing with male prostitutes but with men and women who thought it was ok to continue in this lifestyle as Christians. These sexual sins were abhorrent to Jews and Paul having been a Pharisee at one time had to take a stand against this sin.

Nothing has changed from that day to this day as far as God and what he stated. Paul was speaking under the unction of the Holy Spirit and made it very clear that those who commit these acts are reprobate in the eyes of God.

11. Johnv

Johnv New Member

hrhema,

if I can expand a bit on your thought. Paul was dealing with a society where men and women had traditional marriages, but that the men were also having casual sex with other men at the local meeting places (public baths, etc). From what I had read, it was an issue they were trying to deal with societally. Paul was attempting to assert the Christian viewpoint on what was already a social issue. He was saying to keep the traditional marriages, but to abandon the extramarital practices. That's one of the reasons Paul tends to lump adultery, fornication, and sodomy somewhat together in his writings. Not that they were worse than other sins, but that they were the sins that the Corinthian church and society had to deal with.

12. Fisherman

Fisherman New Member