1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Reformation of Christ's Birth Celebration

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by T Alan, Dec 13, 2014.

1. T Alan

T Alan New Member

I would need to look back through to see if yours was or not. If it wasn't then you are not included in my quoted words above. Discernment is not Psychic. If you drive down a path strewn with broken glass you can reasonably "predict" that you will get a flat tire, can't you?

It was, it's been prevelent for some time now. But, that's okay with me, I'm used to it, I don't mind a little sparring between family members. But one must remember it is just that. Iron sharpens Iron.

Be careful smoking, there seems to be a lot of straw in your place. I have "holiday paraphernalia" in my house. Yep, got some candles, a pumpkin, a decorated tree, why in the basement there is a plastic waving "Santa" and boxes of lights.

2. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

Exactly, Rev and his compadre Dude post race baiting threads 3 or 4 times a day, but he says Bro. T Alan has no discernment for asking a legitimate question re: if Christmas as the church in America celebrates it has gotten out of hand.

3. T Alan

T Alan New Member

I am pleased to read that at least one person understands my "Poll" was a question of opinions. That's all. All one has to do is review these comments and see "who cast the first stone".

Now,I admit that after several pelted me I picked up a few and slug em back. But hey, I am only "saved by grace".:tonofbricks: (different use than intended)
    :)

4. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And if one makes generalised assumptions about people, one should reasonably expect to be called to account for them.

Still waiting for those 95...

5. rivers1222

rivers1222 Member

Just for clarification, are you saying that the 1 or 2 or 100 or so of of the members who have been hanging around for 1 or 2 or 10 years or so just lurking and trying to learn, are to be equated with the hangers on around Christ looking for free chow, simply because we don't climb in your sandbox and vote in your poll. Sad. I was becoming a fan.

6. T Alan

T Alan New Member

Did you genuinely want clarification or was that just a good opening the door statement that made the "climb into your sandbox" jab a glancing blow?

Either way, here is clarification for any of those "lurking and trying to learn" which are my favorite people when they finally join in and take the chance of getting roughed up that the rest of us have taken/are taking.
    Yes, I was equating the lurkers-n-learners that browse with those that followed Jesus and benefited by the food and miracle show. Both, in some cases, maybe most, aren't sure and "follow" just to benefit without any risk for the benefits.
    But there comes a day when the challenge comes, here to post and be known, and there to "Eat of his flesh and drink of his blood" when some decide just to shake their head (shoot a glancing blow), perhaps and keep walking.

The analogy is valid if it offends that's just the way it is. Not intentional but inevitable.

Btw, Don't become a fan of anyone but Lord Jesus, all others will "inevitably" fall short of your hopes. Peace and Grace:thumbs:

7. T Alan

T Alan New Member

Maybe this will Amuse you during the wait:

Waiting is painful. Forgetting is painful. But not knowing which to do is the worse kind of suffering.
    Paulo Coelho

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
    Carl Sagan

Life was always a matter of waiting for the right moment to act.
    Paulo Coelho

Each life is made up of mistakes and learning, waiting and growing, practicing patience and being persistent.
    Billy Graham

Waiting for the 95 Scriptural reference supports for not combining the Celebration of Christ' birth and the secular "Fat Man" in a Red suit pulled by reindeer is worse than waiting to go to sleep on Christmas Night in hopes of the gifts that that Fat Man will bring in the coming morn.:sleeping_2:

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

I may just come visit your church in the next several weeks and ask you personally

9. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Frankly, this post suggests that you have nothing and that you are all talk. Why not just list the 95 points that you claimed to have? Your credibility is nigh of naught.

Post the 95 and quit stalling... or admit that you do not have them. After all, it has been two days since you made the claim...

#69 Rolfe, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. T Alan

T Alan New Member

Hey Dr. Rolf, I'll wait patiently now as you go and bring back the quote where in I say "I will post 95" anything. I never said "I" would. It was a "false accusation" made early and I simply didn't make issue of it.
    Thank you.. I'll be waiting.

11. T Alan

T Alan New Member

You are very welcome to do that. I would prefer if you would wait until Dec. 28 as I will be bringing "Thus saith the LORD". Love to have you. Seriously!

12. T Alan

T Alan New Member

IMO, it in no ways even insinuates "I have nothing". It is merely quotes on patience.

13. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, patience has expired. Do you have 95 Biblical reasons? After two days of skirting the issue I would guess not.

It is pointless to continue a productive conversation.

Good day to you, and Merry Santamas.

#73 Rolfe, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  14. T Alan

T Alan New Member

Paging Dr. ROLF, Paging Dr. ROlF

15. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Insult with sarcasm then start apology threads all you want. Until you list your 95 Biblical reasons, we are done.

Until then, I cannot view you as credible.

16. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=2171868&postcount=10

(Yes! Increased my post count!)

17. T Alan

T Alan New Member

NONE of those post did I say "I" would provide them now did I. That was an assumption or inference that you ITL, made and ran with it. I did say "certainly" as I really thought that some of the like minded peep would chime in. Unfortunately, none did.

As a bonus for being a good sport, I'll provide three. ( I post these full well knowing that they will be argued as not relevant.) I realize that no gentile is under this as Law as it was for the Isrealite. However they do good job of being a schoolmaster as to whom Yehovah is what he doesn't like.

I assert that, since much of the American public, many confessing Christians have indeed made Santa a god (little g). They have taught the children that this Santa knows when they are sleeping, awake, good or bad, always watching, travels around the world overnight stopping at boy and girls houses and leaving gifts for the good and coal for the bad.

Many houses are transformed into a form of image worship (songs are sung), Praise is given (O'Christmas Tree how we love thee O' Christmas tree; Santa Claus is coming tonight).

I say that anything or person that is intentionally used to "overshadow" or take the glory and center off Christ is "another god". Even to the point that children are told to "wish" to him for gifts.

Ex. 20:3-5
    20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me .

20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth

20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God [am] a jealous God , visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate me;

18. T Alan

T Alan New Member

For the record, again, whether you like it or not, I never said I would . YOU assumed. as for the "done" comment. That is your decision and I will not grieve it one moment. Have a great life. I will not comment on your future post and you give me the same latitude. Adios

19. rivers1222

rivers1222 Member

No Alan. It wasn't a glancing blow. It was a shot. There are many excellent debaters on here, and this format suits them well. I however, know my limitations. I'm not gifted in that area. I'm sitting in the auditorium, taking notes, going to my Bible on page 9 of a topic mumbling "did it say that?" As for challenges, the ones in real life get my attention. A co worker loses a baby, a friend gets bad blood tests back, when I pray for the right words. And maybe he'll bring something to mind that you or someone else might have said so I might be used to somehow bring comfort or witness. So if you or anyone else want to look at it as hanging around for the chow, I'm mature enough to handle it. And BTW. Being a fan is nothing more than a sign of respect. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't mean to hijack your thread. I'll let you get back to it. Looks like you have a lot of work to do. Peace

20. T Alan

T Alan New Member

Good for you! I appreciate you wading in on this thread. It's for discussion of opinions. Some (and you review this thread) started out to cause trouble instead of "discussion". But, hey, that's okay I can swim in that current too. I am accustomed to hearing opposing view, stating mine and letting the rough side drag. If you will post the first of my responses on this and (most) of my threads you will see that it is "defensive" in nature. Thanks again.

Not really.