1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Reformed Baptist Colleges???

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by crusader1611, Jan 24, 2005.

1. crusader1611

crusader1611 New Member

Actually, more so than colleges, are there any Seminaries that y'all can recommend?

2. LRL71

LRL71 New Member

Detroit Baptist Seminary is probably a reasonable choice, as they are somewhat 'Reformed' and Calvinistic.

3. Pete Richert

Pete Richert New Member

Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louville Kentucky is pretty much Reformed. It is the flag ship of the SBC seminarys yet somehow became reformed.

Also, a new seminary is starting up near Austin, TX, Providence Theological Institute. It is just beginning so won't get accrediation for probably five or more years (if that matters to you). It will be strongly Reformed Baptist of the New Covenant Theology slant (if that means anything to you). Check out the website

or click here www.ptitx.org

4. Broadus

Broadus Member

A large number of the SBTS faculty, including the president and the dean of the School of Theology, is reformed.

Bill

5. NateT

NateT Member

Also, the Assistant Dean of the School of Theology the head of the NT department, one of the newer Greek Profs, at least one church music prof, at least one History prof and at least one of the counseling profs.

I know because they go to the same church I do, and it is a reformed church.

6. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is one of those professors Tom Nettles?

7. Broadus

Broadus Member

Most definitely. BTW, Dr. Nettles is featured on the new DVD "Amazing Grace: The History and Theology of Calvinism": http://www.founders.org/fpress/gracedvd.html .

Bill

8. NateT

NateT Member

Although Dr. Nettles is reformed, he wasn't the church history prof I was talking about. I would recommend anything by Dr. Nettles. I've had him for Church History I and II and will try to get into anything he teaches in the future.