1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Reformed Theological Seminary

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by ReformedBaptist, Jul 18, 2008.

1. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

I'm in! Going to start Systematic Theology 1 next week. Praise the Lord. :godisgood:

2. jdlongmire

jdlongmire New Member

woo-hoo!

This is RTS Orlando, right?

3. ReformedBaptist

Atlanta! :applause:

4. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Congrats, RB!

5. jdlongmire

jdlongmire New Member

Cool! I thought you said you had a course with Frame - I thought he was in Orlando...

6. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good going RB. May the Lord bless your studies.

7. ReformedBaptist

Since I am enrolled in the Virtual campus, the course will be "taught" by Frame, just through CD lectures. Not sure if he is grading the coursework though.

8. ReformedBaptist

Well...my start is stalled for the moment. :lol: I learned that the RTS Virtual program is not set up to interact with the faculty. So, I am making a switch. Check it out.. http://www.mctsowensboro.org/index.html

Not accredited but looks good..

9. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    RB Reponse

RB,

I hope you are well. I heard Dr. Sam preach in a conference last Fall. Outstanding!

I also have one friend and one colleague who teach there; Tom J. Nettles and Tom Ascol respectively.

I do believe you will find your time there well spent.

"God speed!"

"That is all!":thumbs:

10. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Accreditation

Present Status

Due to our purpose and desire to operate free of subjection to outside influences, MCTS has chosen not to pursue accreditation with any regional or national agencies. MCTS is committed to provide and maintain academic standards equal to or higher than those held by accredited institutions. Several accredited institutions have agreed to transfer course work from MCTS to their institutions if a student desires to complete his studies elsewhere. These institutions at present include: Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Toronto Baptist Seminary, and Westminster Theological Seminary, Philadelphia. We are confident that this list will grow in the near future.

Future Intention

MCTS is considering the possibility of seeking accreditation through The Association of Reformed Theological Seminaries (A.R.T.S.). A.R.T.S. is a private association of Reformed schools of theology which provides mutual accountability for like-minded institutions. “The Association of Reformed Theological Seminaries was created to help meet a growing need in theological education for an accrediting agency that understands and is dedicated to the mission of reformed theological education” (from the A.R.T.S. website). You can find out more about A.R.T.S. at: <www.artseminaries.org>.

11. ReformedBaptist

Since I do not believe i will need a doctorate from an accredited seminary, nor am I even studying because I believe I am called to vocational ministry, I am fine with their accreditation...or lack thereof. lol

12. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

RB,

The education is what matters. :thumbs: