1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Refrigerator Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by JonC, May 30, 2015.

1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK - here’s the deal. I have a 30+ year old refrigerator, which still operates well but has some issues. I’m looking at replacing it, and the model I have (which I really like) as not been produced since the mid 80’s. Sooooo, I am looking for a bit of advice .... and I really don't want to spend more than 2K.

For those who have one, what are the pro’s and con’s of having the drawer type freezer on the bottom?

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Biggest bennie (and a pertinent one) from drawer type vs. door type is that your cold air doesn't 'spill out' into the room when you open it up, i.e., energy is saved because the refrigerator doesn't have to recoup from the inrush of room temp air as with a door type. Also, seems to be more space in drawer type freezer, and, hard frozen packages don't tend to fall out on your toes if the freezer is full. :)

#2 kyredneck, May 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2015
  3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you. You had me at 'doesn't smash toes.' I am going shopping today (looking anyway). Mine is far from efficient. It no longer seals well, the SEER has to be really bad compared to today's models....but I don't think I'll find one as dependable. I was also concerned about organization (I'd be giving up the shelves on the side by side for that drawer).

4. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Having a drawer type freezer, I find they can be a wretched nuisance when attempting to put larger items in. Seals are replaceable...presume you checked this out . I recently cleaned out 2 fridges....ensure you are able to remove and easily return shelves and side door bits!