1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Refuting Catholics...Scripture or Chick tracts?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by D28guy, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Regardless of any argument, I enjoy the right to interpret the Bible as stated in 1 John 2:27.

Inquisitors are the murderers, and their defenders are the same as Mt 23:29-33

2. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Defenders for the Inquisitors will taste the same toruture in the Hell for billion years and the more. That taste will be delicious to them !

Anathema !

3. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am glad that I am not judged by Ed, but by Jesus Christ who died for me.

I am glad that Ed is not God.

Everyone has a certain variant and Chick is not perfect, but they stand in defense of Truth, while others are coward !

4. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Care to justify this arrogant statement?

I really can't make up my mind as to whether you are deluded, the victim of some cult's brainwashing technique, or simply a troll. Could you clarify which it is for me please?

5. Charles Meadows

Charles Meadows New Member

Eliyahu,

No one here is defending torturers. I think few would doubt that the medieval catholic inquisitors are in Hell now.

Whom we defend is are those who attend a catholic church but who have a relationship with Christ and believe in His word. These people are in a denomination which is quite wrong about a great many things - but that does not mean that these cannot still be saved by their faith.

I am always disappointed by the judgmental type spirit many Christians demonstrate.

It is human nature to pick on or abuse those different from us. One only has to look in history books or around the globe today to see that. Why must some "justify" their prejudice with Christianity? That is a truly bad witness. Why do you think the world has labelled Christians as "judgmental"?

It is not because we hold a higher standard. We SHOULD do this.

No it is because some of us pick on everyone different than we are and do it under the guise of Christ's church. The message this sends to the lost world is that Christians are no different than the rest of the crowd - though they talk a big game. They are just as petty and cruel as the lost.

I ma greatly distressed whenever I see this.

6. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    C-M,

I understand and agree with you on the most of your points.

But on the other hand, on this issue:

The message this sends to the lost world is that Christians are no different than the rest of the crowd - though they talk a big game. They are just as petty and cruel as the lost .

For example, the true Christians were the victims of torturing and killing by Roman Catholics, but the unbelieving world regards such Inquisitors and Spanish Conquerors who killed millions of Indians as the same Christians, and Hitler and Crusade as the same Christians, which is one of the biggest obstacles in preaching gospels to the unbelieving people of this world.

7. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know you are the defender for RC theories which include the Inquisitors, not in defense of Truth.

8. Doubting Thomas

Doubting Thomas Active Member

So, again, if you claim this "anointing", and someone else claims the "anointing" yet comes up with a diametrically opposed interpretation of scripture to yours, how am I to judge between you? Does the Holy Spirit contradict Himself? Does he give contrary "anointings"?

You may therefore want to consider what Scripture has to say about interpretation:

"...no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation" (2 Peter 1:20)

"...Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which those who are untaught and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of Scriptures." (2 Peter 3:15, 16)

Scriptures were never meant to be interpreted by isolated individuals but rather by believers within the Church which is "the pillar and the ground of truth" (1 Timothy 3:15). Those who claim private interpretations and/or "anointings" outside the common understanding of the Church are in danger twisting Scriptures to their own destruction. That's how heresies are born.

9. Matt Black

Site Supporter

[​IMG] [​IMG]

And, Eliyahu, you haven't answered my question: who and what are you?

10. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am a believer who was born again in the Lord even 5 years after I was baptized at a Holiness Church and now attend a church at Oakville Ontario.

11. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is how Inquisitors, the authorized Murderers of Whory Roman Catholic accused the True Believers as Heretics !

Whory Roman Catholic, the Human Body Slaughter House and the Dogs sucking the blood on the floor there ! Heretics Anathema !

12. Matt Black

Site Supporter

OK you have answered my question: you are seriously deluded.

13. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You may have been seriously deluded by the biggest Heretics, Whory Roman Catholic !

14. Doubting Thomas

Doubting Thomas Active Member

This is how Inquisitors, the authorized Murderers of Whory Roman Catholic accused the True Believers as Heretics !

Whory Roman Catholic, the Human Body Slaughter House and the Dogs sucking the blood on the floor there ! Heretics Anathema ! [/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]Ah...when you can't give a logical response, it's ad hominem attacks to the rescue (and ridiculous one at that)! :D

15. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Matt Black,

You are 100% correct. And God has given us one.

The Holy Spirit.

"When He, the Holy Spirit has come, He will guide you into all truth"

That promise is from God Almighty to every born again person ever born of the Spirit.

Absolutly no christian organisation is any kind of "interpreting authority" on earth for the masses to blindly follow.

Look at who some of these groups are who hold to this devilish idea...

Jehovahs Wittnesses
    Jim Jones
    Mormons
    David Koresh
    Christian Science(Mary Baker Eddy)
    Catholic Church

Not good company to run with, wouldnt you say?

Sadly,

Mike

16. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nobody refutes Whory Roman Catholic based on Chicks tracts, but based on the Bible.

The most of the true believers reject the followings:

- Idol making for Mary or Joseph or Jesus
    - Idol worshipping for those statues
    - calling Mary Mother of God, meaning God the Son of Mary.
    - Immaculate Conception
    - Compulsory Celibacy
    - Papacy
    - Papal infallibility
    - Inquisition
    - Whory Tradition of so-called holy tradition
    - Infant Baptism
    - No Salvation outside Roman Catholic Church
    - Excuse on Crusade
    - Purgatory
    - Limbo
    - Clergy system
    - Mass which is ever asking forgiveness of the sins
    - Confession to priests
    - Transubstantiation ( Magic performance by Catholic Priests)
    - Extreme unction
    - Assumption of Mary
    - Prayer to the dead
    - Prayer to Mary
    - calling Mary the Mother of the church
    - all the signs of pagan origin such as ankh cross, mark of IHS, threefold hats for the pope, etc.

When the believers reject those, they do not refer to Chick, but refer to the Bible.

Thefore the question of the OP should be simply answered and such question was not necessary.

Simply speaking Roman Catholic is full of heresies and is a pagan religion which has committed a lot of murdering thru Inquisitions and promoting wars like Crusade etc., and will be condemned greatly by the Great Judgment of our Lord.

17. Matt Black

Site Supporter

You are 100% correct. And God has given us one.

The Holy Spirit.

"When He, the Holy Spirit has come, He will guide you into all truth"

That promise is from God Almighty to every born again person ever born of the Spirit.

</font>[/QUOTE]But Mike, as I keep saying, that doesn't work!

If it did, all believers who have the HS would agree on their interpretations of the Bible. But we don't. Just look around you. Look at these boards. The evidence is there in front of your own eyes.

18. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Matt Black,

It works beautifully.

Look at groups who reject Gods truth regarding all believers turning to the scriptures with the Holy Spirits guidance, and opt for a centralised "Truth Gestapo"...

Jehovahs Witnesses
    Jim Jones
    Mormons
    David Koresh
    Catholicism

In all of those groups we find error, blashphemies, idolatries and heresies mulitplying exponentially. More idolatry follwed by more heresy followed by more blashphemy. Nobody is held accountable.

No "checks and balances" system in place.

On the truth side of this, we see everyone tuning to the very same truth standard.

So we have the arminians keeping the calvinists "in check" and keep them from straying too far out of balance.

And the calvinists keeping the arminians "in check" and keep them from straying too far out of balance.

If the ammount of error in evangelical circles is a 3 on a 10 scale, the Catholic Churchs error...like those other groups with a "truth gestapo" that is accountable to no one... would be maybe a 150 on a 10 scale.

What a great God we serve for divising such a wonderful way if doing this.

Everyone turning to the same truth standard.

And what a monsterous mess that occures when we reject that wonderful admonition from God...

Jehovahs Witnesses
    Jim Jones
    Mormons
    David Koresh
    Catholicism

And by the way, with all those other groups...and thousands of others...saying the same thing (WE are Gods truth dispenser), how can you tell which one is correct?

You cant use the scriptures, because you guys reject sola scripture.

So how can you tell? The one that gives you the most "warm and fuzzies"? [​IMG]

Glory to God! \o/

Grace and peace,

Mike

19. Chemnitz

Chemnitz New Member

20. Matt Black

Site Supporter

Mike it is quite simple: I follow what was taught by the Church as to interpretation of Scripture. Were the JWs or any of those other DIY-groups to which you refer around at the start? No! Therefore they have nothing to say to me.

SS does not 'work beautifully' at all; it's certainly not the Arminians and Calvinists keeping each other in check as you think - it is all these opposing factions anathematising each other and claiming the others are Not Proper Christians whilst claiming that they are the sole possessors of the Truth and that they are the only Proper Christians. Come on! The evidence is plain; it's why for example the Calvinism/ Arminianism Forum had to be closed down.