1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Regeneration, Prior to? IS? After "new birth"

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Wes Outwest, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Well knock it off and revise your current understanding to the standard, which is truth!

2. rc

rc New Member

Wes.... The master of amature eisegesis...
    I shouldn't even honor that post by replying but I guess the only ones taught by God (Jesus) was the 12 so they were the only ones drawn and the only ones that will be raised in the last days... And it is still only weakly argueing the subtance of the arguement and leaves the Formal untouched... ALL who are called are drawn and ALL that are drawn are lifted to heaven... Wes, your either a universalist or you have to admit that your wrong. Please don't embarrass yourself by going to John 12 which has NOTHING to do with this context... All there means Jews and Gentiles not EVERY Person...

3. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi RC;
    Who else is there? [​IMG]
    May Christ Shine His Light On Us All;
    Mike [​IMG]

4. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

And you call me amature! You don't even know that there are ONLY Jews and Gentiles, and that includes everyone, Total Population of the world, ALL!

What I know, I know in my heart! I do not need to "eisegete" from a book, though I've read the book cover to cover 4 times. While You, on the otherhand do not seem to be able to speak what is in your heart and must continually read and search the book, looking for that which proves your theories.

You are right if you think that I am not a scholar, and since I have found nothing in that book requiring scholarship, perhaps you can provide a reference to such a requirement!

5. rc

rc New Member

In John 12 he's talking about the elect. In the context if a Jew were reading it (as I am) with the understanding of a Jew, which they were, they understood that the elect didn't mean the Jews only but the elect (not everyone) would be Jews and Gentiles. Read "The Book" 4 times huh? .. You didn't need to tell me that much. Your eisegesis already shows me that you have been unfortunate only to read it so few times..

1 Corinthians 4:19-20 ...and I will find out not the talk of these arrogant people but their power. 20 For the kingdom of God does not consist in talk but in power.

6. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi RC;
    But RC; who is ("the not everyone") if everyone is either Jew or Gentile? Your not talking about little green men are you? Maybe Faries or gobblins I know How about lepracons [​IMG]
    Mike [​IMG]

7. rc

rc New Member

The negetive would be the Jews and Gentiles that are not elect.

8. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Well Since you have no power over me, I suppose that must mean you are not of the kingdom of God, and that you are all talk!

9. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

By the way rc, Reading the book through 4 times does not mean that is all that I've done with the book. I have also read through the New testament twice a year for the last 35 years. I also read a chapter a day, a practice that I've had for 15 years. I dare say that I don't know many pastors that read the bible for the pleasure of reading it as much as I do. Most read just enough to prepare a sermon or two a week. I can count on two hands all the people I know personally who can say in truth that they have read the bible through even once. No, I'm not braggin, merely stating my observations. Reading the bible through is not what's important in life anyway!

10. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi Wes;
    My Father when I was a small boy not only insisted that we read the Bible all the way through every year, but memorize a verse every week as well. We were Bible Baptist although I didn't accept Christ until I was in my teens. Some say all you need to do is believe. The problem with this is that people rarely ever understand what it means to believe. I believed that Christ existed but I didn't think I was savable. When I finaly surrendered to the call of God I was so elated over it I couldn't sleep for a week it seemd, because of the excitement of it. I have never in my life ever felt so right about anything. This was the most important event in my life. I thank God for my Salvation. Reading and studying his Word is a necessity in order to maintain your faith.

Mike [​IMG]

11. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Praise the Lord Mike, great testimony!

I do not think that reading the bible through from cover to cover is a most inportant thing to do in life. But Daily reading of Scripture IS Paramount to the Christian experience! And YES, Faith cometh by Hearing and Hearing by the Word of God!