1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Registry Goof

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by preacher, Dec 25, 2005.

1. preacher

preacher New Member

Don't panic...I fixed it.learned a long time ago not to change things without backup!!
    But Still something strange,I was tryin' to change my port speed for my modem. The max listed in the properties is 15200, & I thought I might have found a way to increase it. (didn't though)
    But when I did change it my mouse quit working, well the cursor disappeared.
    Could this have anything to do with the Com ports used? There's no indication of conflicts but sumpin's up somewhere!

2. standingfirminChrist

instead of changing things manually, try Inkline Global's Modem Booster. It will test the PC and set it for the proper settings for best speed. I doubled my speed using it.

3. preacher

preacher New Member

Thanks for the link but I'm saving my pennies for moer upgrades for my antique here. Can't afford a new computer so I'm tryin to redo this one a little at a time. I already know the only place where I might have to spend some larger bucks is for another motherboard. I can do most of the install myself so I might come out a little ahead. Sides I like messin' with things manually, that's how I learn.