1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Reid says ‘we’re headed’ to fiscal crisis

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Jedi Knight, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I think "we're" should say "Y'all are"! Seems to me these guys in Washington do more damage to America than the terrorist do.

2. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

A lot of truth in what you said. Keep in mind that we elected these people, that is what hurts.

3. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Reid is as his master and lord, obama-----both can't find their hind ends using both of their hands!!!

4. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

...because they're sitting on their brains.

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It has been evident for a long time that democrats intended to go over the so called cliff.

They made absolutely no effort to compromise , instead adding conditions as they went along.

Going over the cliff gives them everything they want, more tax money to throw away and draconian defense cuts. They don't really care all that much where the money comes from as long as they get it.

6. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Agreed.

At least, we have our eyes open and see what's coming. Pity those with their heads still buried in the sand. Thus, still believe that "Hope and Change" will pay their electric bills with "Obama money".

7. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So once the middle class is gone who's gonna step up to bat? The illegals?

8. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

Scary Harry, being Scary. It works, the Dems are good at it.

9. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

It's looking now that we may very well end up with a compromise. I only hope it addresses the spending side of the equation as well as the taxes. I think a fair compromise would be raising marginal rates on people making over $400,000 per year and capping deductions over a certain amount to raise revenue. I would also phase out the Social Security tax cut by going to 5.2% in 2013 and then 6.2% in 2014. On spending, I would change the formula for calculating the cost of living increases of Social Security to decrease the amount. I would cut our defense budget and subsidies for industrial farming operations. That would get us a start on controlling the deficit and avert the potential calamity of a full-fledged shove off the fiscal cliff.