1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Reincarnation!

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Benjamin, Feb 3, 2005.

1. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My 12 year old daughter is in a special hand picked gifted class of 14-7th and 8th grade students out of our district doing a high school level curriculum. She’s had some upsetting trials from discussions in her class from being the only one to defend biblical truths such as sanctity of marriage, homosexuality in general, one God, men wrote the bible, values in general, only one in her class that stood up for Bush.

She and I look upon these things as a good opportunity for sharing the truths and she does have other students and even her teacher quizzing her on her beliefs and listening. She’s popular, active in cheerleading, NJHS, student counsel, choir-school- district-church, now basketball (God help me) and uses her biblical tools to remain on the right path.

So anyway, she recently asked me for biblical proof that there is no such thing as reincarnation saying everyone in her class believes in it. I told her:

Ecclesiastes 3:1 (KJV)
    1To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
    Ecclesiastes 3:2 (KJV)
    2A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

Got anything else? They think they have more than one season!

2. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

Hbr 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Hbr 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

3. BroTom64

BroTom64 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Rich man and Lazurus:

Lu 16:19 ¶ There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
    Lu 16:20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
    Lu 16:21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
    Lu 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
    Lu 16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
    Lu 16:24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
    Lu 16:25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
    Lu 16:26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
    Lu 16:27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
    Lu 16:28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
    Lu 16:29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
    Lu 16:30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
    Lu 16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Hope this helps, We will keep her in prayer.
    Tom

4. Pete

Pete New Member

G'day Benjamin

(DOH! I type too slow...StraightAndNarrow beat me [​IMG] Oh well [​IMG] )

First one that always comes to my mind on that topic is Hebrews 9:27-28 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation. (KJV)

Men die ONCE, that's it. It can't be claimed that judgment in this verse is over whether or not you have to come back, because it goes on to say Christ was offered ONCE.

Another point from a Frank Peretti tape I have, reincarnation claims that "you keep coming back again and again until you get it right....But with no absolute standard (GOD), how do you KNOW you have it right?"

If there is no God, that makes us just another animal, so why should we have any sort of morals-ethics anyway?

A mate gave me a great book on today's relativism, True For You, But Not True For Me by Paul Copan, you & daughter might find it worth a look at. May God bless your daughter, may she continue to "stand for something so she doesn't fall for anything" at school, I pray her example will wake her fellow students & even teachers up [​IMG]

5. KeithS

KeithS New Member

I found this on the site listed below and thought it interesting. Keep in mind that the site really is trying to refute Graham's arguments.
    http://www.ial.goldthread.com/grahamresponse.html

Also, keep in mind that if there are any astute Bible observers in your daughter's class they will refer her to John 9:1 as proof of reincarnation because of their desire to justify themselves. She may wish to be prepared with appropriate answers.

6. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the suggestions all.

WOW! Is that response to Billy Graham’s comments twisted. Holy cow and a head full of those soul rocks with a little bit of consciousness to the writer. He doesn’t believe the bible, but quotes from the ghost in “A Christmas Carol”!!! I guess they’re out there aren’t they?

I think I’ll be thanking God for having me start my baby early and to take care of her when things get beyond my scope which probably won’t be to long!