1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

relapse?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by nodak, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

2. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Sinners do not practice sinning because they have the Spirit to give them the "whoa boy", and pulls in the reins.

3. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

true that ALL are w/o excuse before God, as we are born sinners, but also true that due to the sin compenant, that we are proned to be weaker in some areas of temptations than in others, such as alchol, drugs etc, as we have to factor in genetics and evironmental factors into the equation!

4. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

We are now no longer sinners, being placed in Christ. We are dead, and our lives are hid with Christ in God.

Greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.

5. JesusFan

Still have the flesh/sin nature/sin principle dwelling in us, as we have to fight against that, by yielding to the HS indwelling us and kept the flesh down daily, and that process end when we are glorified!

6. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

I have a good friend who was raised in the Nazarene Church. (Her Dad was a Nazarene Pastor back in the old days before praise bands etc) and she says the santification doctrine of the Nazarene church is the reason she became a Baptist! They believe that sanctification is a step after salvation, so they add it on to what a person needs to do in order to be accepted - Whereas we believe that sanctification is a PROCESS after salvation.

Saved sinners are covered by grace. Jesus didn't die for just those sins I committed until the moment I got saved; he died for ALL my sins, and he died for them before I committed ANY of them!

7. JesusFan

that is why we need to stay away from extremes of "lordship" salvation process, as that might cause one to really doubt even saved until our lifestyles reflect 'enough" of Jesus in us!

Also, dangerous to deny that we still have principle of sin in us at working even after saved by grace of God, as that might get us to have to take on a "sinless perfection" status, as we no longer would have sin natures, so would have to act just like Jesus, and we have to act "perfect" as that is only nature now in us!

8. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

No not according to the bible. It is not an equation. It is a promise. That passage is saying that God will deal with each person individually and make sure that no one is tempted above what they can endure and with any temptation that does come God will provide a way of escape. So the ground it always level for all His children and not one can say their temptations are greater then another's so they are more likely to sin. God provides the out for all and does not let any be tempted above what they can endure.
    All sin is a choice and no one has to sin.

9. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

We do not have a sin nature if we are saved. The battle we have is with the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life. Once saved we are left to stop all sin and not to sin at all. The practice of sin has been taken care of by the seed of God who abides in us. No Christian will or even can practice sin as God takes care of that. We just have to take care of not sinning at all.
    Whosoever is born of God doth not commit (practices) sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot (practice) sin, because he is born of God.

10. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Sanctification is a PROCESS after salvation, that is true, but also true is that at salvation God stops the ability of the believer to ever practice sin again.
    Whosoever is born of God doth not commit (practices) sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot (practice) sin, because he is born of God.

11. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I am saved, and I have sinned since I was saved, and I have repented. I will sin again, because I am human.

I never lost my salvation, I was walking out of God's will.

You won't ever change my mind about this.

12. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

the bolded is the key and the answer to the OP.

13. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

Lack of repentance. Christians will sin. The practice of sin is to sin without repentance.

14. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

You do not sin because you are human. Thta is just an excuse to cover one's heart. If that was the case then Jesus had to sin as He was human. We sin because we choose to out of the lack of proper love for the Lord. Repentance is a state we enter into at salvation and never leave or it is not repentance. We all have to choose who we will believe, God or ourselves, so that is your choice. There is a process in what you are talking about and it is seen in Pharaoh. Pharaoh hardened his heart, Pharaoh hardened his heart, Pharaoh hardened his heart, God hardened pharaoh's heart.
    Your choose to not believe what the bible says is your choice and the next event is for God to make you believe the lie as spoken about in Thess.
    No one who is born again will ever again practice sin.
    Whosoever is born of God doth not commit (practice) sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot (practice) sin, because he is born of God.

#114 freeatlast, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2011
  15. JesusFan

This apears to be what Fal and others here posting on this topic have missed...

That a genuine Christian can and does sin, sometimes perhaps even for a season of time, its that the real one will eventually repent/confess come back to God after conviction by HS, while "posing" christians will stay in their sin!

Not that we cannot sin, but that the real Christian will by their very nature, and HS conviction, will confess and come back to the Father!

That is what is meant by "not practicing sin"by the Apostle John, as that it refers to one can sin after being saved, sometimes a lot/ for awhile, but cannot stay stuck in that, as will be 'forced" by new nature to find way back to God and get restored again!

16. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

No Christian needs to return to God as they never leave.

17. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Do you have scripture to back that? With your words, you have stripped
    the salvation from everyone I have ever known in my entire 59 years of life. And don't just quote one verse out of context. That's what cults do all the time.

I don't buy it.

18. JesusFan

Jesus Himself predicted that Peter and ALL of the Apostles would leave Him,,,

Were they saved?

Both Peter/Judas betrayed/denied the Lord, peter shows that a true Christian will come back to the Lord eventually" godly repentance", while "professing" one will not come back "world sorrow"

#118 JesusFan, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2011
  19. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Do you mean this to say that no true Christian sins?

20. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Can we not learn a lesson from Israel? How many times did Israel turn it's back on God? Too many to count. And yet God always took them back if they repented and asked forgiveness. And they turned away from God for many years at a time. Remember the 70 years they spent captive in Babylon because they refused to obey the sabbath? Yet God did not abandon them and they were always loved by God. Why is it any different for a Christian?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.