1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Religious Right and the Tea Party

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Crabtownboy, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I found this on the Pew Research web site. It raises an interesting topic ... "The religious right supports the Tea Party, but does the Tea Party support the religious right?

2. North Carolina Tentmaker

That is interesting Crabtown, and encouraging, at least to me. For too long the “religious right” seemed to dominate the political discussion on the conservative end. I for one am glad to see that the tea party movement is more inclusive and wider reaching than the “moral majority” crowd was.

Political ideology tied to religious belief has always been a scary idea to me. Anytime you get your political and religious leadership from the same place you have problems, i.e. Islamic Fundamentalists, Imperial Japan, Crusades.

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here in Minnesota the head of the Tea Party has said that they would not deal with social conservatism issues, rather their priority is deficit spending and job creation.

4. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For the most part, all the brouhaha about the "union" of the "religious right" (whatever that may really be) and the Rs has been a talking point dreamed up and pushed by the left.

What they fail to realize (or maybe they do and this is one method to try to neutralize it??) is that this "union" that they love to despise, is simply that the Rs have far more in common with those who see a spiritual/moral decline in this country, (among other things --) than those fast-tracking that very decline - the Ds!!! :rolleyes: