1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Remember Brock Turner? From 3 Months Ago? He’ll Leave Jail On Friday.

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rich and white ... white privilege?
    Poor and black, what would his sentence have been?

Turner’s lenient punishment is the perfect example of what happens when rape culture and white privilege collide. It didn’t matter that there was mounting evidence against Turner, it didn’t matter that his victim was unconscious and alone, it didn’t even matter that Turner was convicted ― the young “promising,” “successful athlete” served only three months for assaulting a young woman whose blood-alcohol level was three times the legal limit and who was reportedly unconscious for three hours on the night of the assault.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ve-jail-on-friday_us_57c58c81e4b0cdfc5ac9256b

2. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I remember this case about this dumb and perverted jock, at the most, he'll only have to serve until around the end of the year. Sentence was a joke, but then this is in CA and there are only overcrowded prisons there and they didn't have the right laws at the time but they do now.
    Bright side is he ruined his Olympic aspirations, and that's a good thing.

He will have to go back to jail for 14 years IF he violates his parole, and with this one, he's very likely to repeat his criminal behavior. I think he could have been treated the same if he was poor and black and was the same caliber of athlete but there is no way to prove it one way or the other. I think he was triply blessed, when double would have been enough.