1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Remember the Alamo

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by Dr. Bob, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

thj, I have no idea what you mean.

Maybe you forgot that true patriotism includes dissent.

God bless!

2. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My take on the Alamo: the defenders were more motivated and better shots. The Mexicans, while superior in number, were largely conscripts gathered as Santa Anna moved on Texas. They had not the same motivation. Their ranks were decimated as they overran the mission--about 8 Mexicans went down with each American..

No quarter given--as requested.

Santa Anna moved to nearby San Jacinto--to lick the wounds of his victory?--another victory like the Alamo and he would have not an army. He was easy to overcome by Sam Houston--who captured Santa Anna, then released him to deliver a message to the Viceroy of Mexico. Santa lived to fight again.

Those who defended the Alamo were not conscripts--they died for a just cause--a rare breed lately.

Selah,

Bro. James

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

We went to the Alamo a few years back. What is cant figure out is why they didnt take refuge in all the tall buildings around the fort.

4. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I think it was because they would have a long walk down the stairs to eat at the Riverwalk restaurants. As commercial electricity wasn't available back then, the elevators were next to useless.