1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rep. Murtha Dead at 77

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Folks repent everyday.

Your original question was asking whether or not God was responsible for Murtha's death. You say no and I say yes. Arguments about God's sovereignty with those who do not believe it are vain, and so this is all I will say.

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Hmmmmmm, so I do not believe in God because you disagree with me. Interesting logic.

I simply believe that the 'evil one' should get credit for many bad things that happen in life. I guess you believe God causes everything. Where does Satan come into you theology?

Are you saying that God is responsible for all good and all EVIL? That, I believe, is a very dangerous theology. There must be some students of theology here who can elaborate on this belief.

If God was responsible for the nick that set up the infection that killed Murta then, in your mind, was the doctor only carrying out God's will when he made the mistake, the ill placed snip?

3. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So are you saying that the evil things that Satan does are outside of God's control?

4. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you saying God is the cause of all evil?

5. Tom Bryant

Faith:
    Baptist
    asking again

6. Tom Bryant

Faith:
    Baptist
    On 2nd thought, don't bother answering...

But I will answer my own question: There is nothing outside of God's control, knowledge and power, except that He cannot sin. And by the way, I am not a Calvinist, but the answer to your other question about the responsibility of people when wrong happens is found in Romans 9-11.

7. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes and still waiting for your answer.