1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Repeal DOMA? Some Democrats Don't Agree With Obama

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, May 21, 2008.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

I'm sorry you see my vote as such; I don't.

2. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

Sorry, but that is nothing more than denial.

AJ

3. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Meanwhile, the economy is bad, and getting worse. We are stuck in a quagmire in Iraq, with no end in sight. The endless war is destroying our currency. In the past 8 years our debt has skyrocketed. The world is more dangerous now than it has been for quite some time.

And yet, to some, the big issues are abortion and gay marriage.

Amazing.....

4. Baptist in Richmond

DENIAL?
    The people in denial are these people who vote for candidates that promise to be pro-life, and yet America is no closer to overturning the decision in Roe v. Wade than they were in the Seventies. Of course, they will be used once again in this election too.

Again, amazing......

5. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Actually there are a number of economists who believe that the worst is over.

Why does it have to be either or? Why is it okay to kill babies no matter what is going on in Iraq? (I am not saying you think it is ... But your argument seems to set the two against each other. I think we can be concerned about both. I think Obama has no legitimate plan to end either. And he has no experience if he did have a plan.)

6. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Actually, I think SCOTUS is closer to overturning it than they have ever been. That's why these upcoming SCOTUS nominations are important. Were it not for that, I would care who got elected.

7. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

You decide who you will vote for and I will decide who I will vote for.

8. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

Dragoon68;

This was the post that you replied to with:

""""""I'm sorry you see my vote as such; I don't.""""""

And to this reply, I say that you are in denial. When you vote for the man, you are voting for his policies and everything he stands for.

Every person that votes for a pro abortion candidate shares the responsibility for every child that is murdered while he is in office. By voting for him, you are, in fact, condoning child murder.

Same goes for gay marriage. You might as well throw your Bible out the window, if you cast your vote against godly principles. Same goes for your personal testimony. It will be hard for me to believe anything spiritual that someone says who voted for immorality in the white house.

I know that the Iragi war is you liberals rallying call, but believe me, the war wont last nearly as long or affect our country for nearly as long as Obama's liberal social policies.

And if you stand by your post, and think that your vote is not condoning child murder and homosexuality, then you are in denial.

I wont post anything else on this thread. The thought of christians condoning child murder gets my blood going, but I have said all that I can say against it.

AJ

#88 ajg1959, May 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2008
  9. Baptist in Richmond

Likewise, there are a number who think that we are in for more. What exactly is going to take us out of this? Gas prices are going up, housing prices are going down, wages are stagnant, the dollar is losing value, and there is constantly more news about jobs that are leaving. This is actually a question for the economists who "believe that the worst is over." I would love to see them point to the indicators that things are getting better.

No, I didn't speak about abortion at all, other than pointing out that there are much bigger issues than two subjects that, for the most part, aren't going to change you life either way they are decided. We have serious problems, and serious issues to address. These election-year issues weren't that big to the GOP while they controlled all three branches of government, were they?

Yet, the quagmire in Iraq continues to bleed our coffers dry. We are now borrowing from the world to fight this "war on terror," and the debt is rising to higher and higher levels. Those are the issues that affect us directly.

Now, if there are people who sincerely believe that abortion and gay marriage spell the destruction of this nation, well - more power to them. I suppose that these people will continue to be duped into believing that they are voting for candidates who are going to change all that. Most likely, it is simply another case of getting people to the polls to vote for them. Again, that is the very definition of denial.

No chance.
    If you are referring to Roberts (bad choice) or Alito (even worse), then you are in denial as well. They are not going to overturn Roe v. Wade.

Regards, hope all is well with you - still praying for you and your ministry,
    BiR

#89 Baptist in Richmond, May 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2008
  10. John18

John18 New Member

2 Chronicles 7:14
    If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

What is really disturbing is those that have seen what happens to those nations that forget and reject God.They end up destroyed.The US can be wiped out overnight and it very well could happen.

It seems quite clear that there are those that try to straddle the fence.We see those that try to justify their actions by saying that there are 'other' issues to worry about when in fact,morality is one of the top priorities.

If the US would turn back to God,we may not have some of the troubles that we do.

YES,gay marriage is an issue that we should not overlook.Some here make it of no concern when in fact,we should be VERY concerned.It seems that some dont want to here about Sodom and Gom. but we have been warned about this lifestyle.

We have been told what can happen to those that are accepting of the act that is called,blasphemy.

If some think the US is in bad shape now,let God pour out judgement on it.

We may very well be at the point of no turning back,the US may be headed for a fall,a fall like no one has seen before.The great depression may look like a vacation compared to what may come.

It seems that many dont think that their vote for those that promote immorality is of an importance when in fact it may help destroy the US.Obama is rated 95 out of 100 on the liberal scale and some want him as president.This isnt right.

As has been stated before,when you vote for a person,you ARE putting you acceptance on their policies.There is no way around this.

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The United States of America has never been and will never be ancient Israel.

If you want to live in a theocracy there is one over in Iran that you might be interested in.

#91 KenH, May 29, 2008
    Last edited: May 29, 2008
  12. John18

John18 New Member

2 Timothy:

3:16
    All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

3:17
    That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

The Bible was not written to just Israel,it is for ALL of us.

How is one voting for morality being a theocracy? It is no more such than you voting for a liberal agenda.

We are accountable for our actions,voting for a person that upholds immorality is something that can only hurt the US.

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is not within the purview of government to enforce morality, except for instances where force is used against another person, such as murder, rape, theft, etc.

That is why I am against abortions. I consider the unborn child to be a person and force should not be used against him/her.

Have pleasant night's rest, John18. :)

14. Baptist in Richmond

So, if you voted for Bush, I guess you have a hand in the mess he has created, huh? I know I had a hand in this mess, as I voted for him in 2000.

Regards,
    BiR