1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Repentance

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Heavenly Pilgrim, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

What is this utter hyprocrisy of some on this list? Why one can be a practicing homosexual, or any other deviant/wicked character, and we are told God accepts them as they are, BUT Lord have mercy on ones soul if they dare testify that God has cleansed them from all sin or that God is fulfilling His promises in ones life in keeping them clean and pure from sin. Oh no, we can call evil good, because we count into the kingdom the evil wicked doers, and call good evil by counting out of the kingdom any that would testify of God's cleansing and keeping power.

I seem to remember God warning us of such by His prophets of old.

Isa 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

2. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You simply do no recognize the fact that gospel repentance is a past completed action never to be repeated (Heb. 6:6) in regard to your POSITION in Christ but repentance as a part of progressive sanctification is a never ending repetition.

Even you admit that you have sinned after initial gospel conversion and can repent. Do you think that your life time from the time of gospel repentance you will never sin more than one time afterwards??????? You are surely writing like you do!!!

Have you ever pondered these verses written to Christians:

Heb. 12:1 ¶ Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,......
    4 ¶ Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.
    5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

Apparently your kind of Christianity was not the kind Paul wrote about above. He wrote about struggling with sin that so "EASILY" beset "US"! He talked about such an intense struggle which they had not yet attained in "striving against sin."

According to your kind of Christianity God should never have to chasten any of his children as they should all be living above sin and without any stuggle at all.

3. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

This is the man that has now been banned four times and I hope you can see why. Every single solitary charge he makes here is a pure lying slander straight from hell, the hell he is going to if God does not grant him repentance.

#23 The Biblicist, Apr 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2012
  4. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

The Christian life is a struggle against sin, not a cake walk and repentance is a continuing repeated act on a daily basis.

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Edit your post to remove his quote. Hopefully they will delete his posts and you don't need to have it in your post too. Ick!

6. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

HP and Moriah - let me speak to your wives and children and then we will know just how sinless you are. We already see pride and I'm sure we may find out a few more. ;)

7. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Not everyone is like you and yours, Ann.

8. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So, what are you insinuating?

Oh, and please tell us hw many days you have not sinned please.

9. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: Who is such a man that has been banned four times you speak of? If you are going to rant about someone, say specifically who it is you are ranting about in your post.

I personally believe you could be setting yourself up for a defamation of character lawsuit.

#29 Heavenly Pilgrim, Apr 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2012
  10. Heavenly Pilgrim

Note clearly the insulting remarks made by Biblicist of another poster and his clear judging of such a ones salvation.....besides posting under two identities by one person, yet another violation of the rules.

11. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Surely you understand the difference between believing and mocking? Both theives were in unbelief, only one reepented of his unbelief and believed. He could not get down from the cross and prove to HP or anyone else that he has changed his theiving ways. No, his repentance was from unbelief to belief, repantance of the heart, a changed mind. And what was Jesus' answer to him? "Today, you shall be with Me in paradise". The theif was saved because he repented of unbelief. Unbelief is the only sin that will not be forgiven. Believe, and ALL sins will be forgiven.

12. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Excellent points! I would like to see HP address these scripture truths and explain them for us some other way than they have been explained.

13. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Excellent point!

One question for HP and this should end the debate;

Are you without sin?

14. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

They can't! The only way one can justify living above sin is to either redefine sin or deny sin, redefine God's law or deny God's law and thus rationalize delusionally.

15. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Lol…So, you think the thief that seen some of Jesus’ miracles did not really want to be off that cross?
    There is no evidence that those thieves did not believe, but rather that they did believe. There is only evidence of the one thief admitting his sin FOR WHICH HE WAS BEING PUNISHED. The thief was not on a cross for unbelief in Jesus.
    Do you recognize this belief as something plainly and simply stated in the Bible? I think you learned this from men who want to distance their reasoning from humans being able to have true regret for sins in their life. I think they want to do this because they do not know the truth enough to go against Calvinism.
    God who knows the heart knows if he is truly sorry for his sins. The thief could not get off the cross to show that he really believed in Jesus either.
    The thief was sorry for the sin he committed for which he was being punished. He confessed that Jesus was who he was. The world’s sin is unbelief in Jesus; however, you cannot do away with sinful actions being sinful actions we must stop doing.
    Please use scripture with this. Be careful that you are not doing away with repenting and turning from thoughts and acts that are sinful.

#35 Moriah, Apr 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2012
  16. Moriah

Moriah New Member

When I report the personal attacks Biblicist says against you and me, those remarks remain.

17. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Maybe because the moderators do not see an attack?

18. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Missed the part that said the thief saw the miracles of Jesus. Maybe you could give me he scripture reference. However, we do know that Judas seen Jesus' miracles and still refused to believe! One thief believed, one did not.

So you believe a person can believe in Jesus and curse Him at the same time? I don't think so.

19. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Maybe my saying the thief was a ‘believer’ is too much. We know this, the thief was next to Jesus, he could see Jesus, and he KNEW what others said about Jesus. Of course, if a person really believes that Jesus is the Christ, then they would repent, and we know he did not repent.
    The other thief did repent, but how you get that he repented of unbelief is strange. Where does the scripture say that he did not believe before and started to believe when he was on the cross? Where does the scripture say the thief said he was repenting of unbelief? The thief confessed that he deserved the punishment for which he was being tortured and put to death.
    You miss the whole point. Some on the board say, “to repent does not mean one is sorry for their sins,” and that no one can be sorry for their sins until after Jesus saves them. However, if one is not sorry for their sins, then it is not true repentance. Who would believe in Jesus and repent of sins but not really be sorry? It is a false teaching that can do much harm, for we are to repent of sins.
    This is an important topic. There are those who say we cannot be sorry for sins before being saved and that there is only repentance for unbelief.
    I think that is rude of you to speak of HP that way. As for Calvinism, it has influenced false beliefs.
    Those scriptures do not support your beliefs that people do not have to repent of their sins. In fact, those scriptures support my beliefs that it is common sense to believe that if someone believes in Jesus, then they will repent of their sins because they are sorry for their sins.

20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The Bible does not teach to repent of your sins, particularly all of your sins.
    The Bible does not teach that repentance is sorrow or sorry for your sins.
    --Judas was sorry for his sin, went out and hung himself. He was not saved just because he was sorry for his sins. That is the false teaching that does much harm.
    You don't have a proper definition of repentance. How do you expect to teach others on this subject?