1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Replacement Theology

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by pops, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I warned you all that it was a bad precedent.

2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From Linda64
    AMEN & AMEN!!!

The liberalism in so many churches today is due, IMHO, to way too much emphasis being given to these yo-yos that have been educated beyond their intelligence and decided that they know better than God what He really means.

Spiritualizing, parableizing, allegorizing, and plain ole altering of the Word has, and is, taking it's toll on the average Christian who depends on another to tell him what God REALLY meant, rather than reading God's Word himself to glean the knowledge therein.

It's the same old story of "Did God REALLY say---?" Same content, just different packaging, as he used to seduce Eve.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

AMEN and AMEN! :thumbs:

4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He said that to Abraham. As I child of Abraham by faith, that is said to me also.

5. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God really said that Hagar and Sarah are an allegory of the Old and New Covenants, and Ishmael is the Jews by blood, and Isaac is the Jews by faith. Gal. 4:24

The conclusion? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman, vs 30.

I'm wondering. Do you guys ever read the Bible?

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

In context of verse 2 it's clear it's the nation to come forth from him, not just him individually, or else why would all of the communities of the earth find blessing in him only?

The LORD said to Abram: "Go forth from the land of your kinsfolk and from your father's house to a land that I will show you. 2 "I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, so that you will be a blessing. 3 1 I will bless those who bless you and curse those who curse you. All the communities of the earth shall find blessing in you."

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I was wondering the same about you :confused:

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Have you ever heard of a dictionary Aaron?
    Or must people be simply subjected to your opinions as fact?
    Your definition of anti-semitism is sadly deficient.

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/anti-semitism

9. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

What I am wonderng is what Bible you are reading. That is not in te real one anywhere. And your conclusion is a complete misapplication. Context is king.

10. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And I am of that nation by faith. Those who are blood relatives only are not of that nation. (see aforementioned Scripture references)

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I wonder also.
    I am a descendant of Noah. So was Abraham. I guess that makes me a Jew too.
    I like the way Aaron uses logic. :rolleyes:

12. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Semitic
    1 : of, relating to, or constituting a subfamily of the Afro-Asiatic language family that includes Hebrew, Aramaic, Arabic, and Amharic
    2 : of, relating to, or characteristic of the Semites
    3 : JEWISH

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/semitic

13. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

Those who disregard God's eternal promises and covenants to Israel and say that those promises and covenants have been transferred to the Church are making God a liar. Deuteronomy 7:6-10 describe God's special love for the Jewish people.

Deuteronomy 7:6 For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

Deuteronomy 7:7 The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

Deuteronomy 7:8 But because the LORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.

Deuteronomy 7:9 Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;

Deuteronomy 7:10 And repayeth them that hate him to their face, to destroy them: he will not be slack to him that hateth him, he will repay him to his face.

As the nation of Israel rejected Jesus Christ as their Messiah, both Jews and Gentiles continue to reject Him today. That rejection does not mean God is not faithful to keep His promises and covenants to the nation of Israel.

14. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A Semite is a descendent of Shem, [inappropriate language deleted]. :BangHead:

#94 Aaron, Sep 28, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2007
  15. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please, do go on.

16. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

#96 Aaron, Sep 28, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2007
  17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

And "Sunday" means "day of the Sun" or the day to worship the sun-God. So if you go by the etymology of the words I suppose you can worship the sun on Sunday if you like, but I prefer to worship Christ my Lord.
    The thought being is we don't define words strictly by their etymology. Today, the meaning of a Semite as being a descendant of Shem has as much meaning as Thursday being the day to worship Thor. It is irrelevant.
    Almost every dictionary you look in will give you the definition of today's common English that anti-semitism is hostility against the Jew, and only the Jew. You are barking up a tree, making noise to no end. Words have definitions, meanings. They are not the meanings that you assign them. They are the meanings that both the dictionaries and context of the discussion in which they are being used that define them.

18. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

But calling someone a heretic and anti-semetic is A-OK to this moderator. Nice.

Explain this verse in light of "all Isreal shall be saved".:

Rom 9:6 Not however that the Word of God has failed, for not all those of Israel are Israel;
    Is all Israel saved or just a remnant:

Rom 9:27 Isaiah also cries concerning Israel, "Though the number of the sons of Israel is as the sands of the sea, a remnant shall be saved.

Paul taught nothing but the hope of Israel:

Act 28:20 For this cause, then, I called for you, to see and to speak with you. For I have this chain around me for the hope of Israel.

Since we have no connection to Israel, why should we care about Paul's theology? Paul taught the hope of Israel not the hope of the Church.

Has the New Covenant been made? Yes or no?

Gal 3:27 For as many as were baptized into Christ, you put on Christ.
    Gal 3:28 There cannot be Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is no male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
    Gal 3:29 And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise.

What promise? What are we heir too?

Why does Linda not answer questions?

Does God love her just a little more because she is Jewish? She seems to think so.

The LORD said to Abram: "Go forth from the land of your kinsfolk and from your father's house to a land that I will show you. 2 "I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, so that you will be a blessing. 3 1 I will bless those who bless you and curse those who curse you. All the communities of the earth shall find blessing in you."

Do all OT promises apply today? If so, do the curses of Deuteronomy still apply today? I never hear Dispies talk about those.

Webdog is right, you should ban everyone who doesn't agree with the Hal Lindsey-Jack VanImpe-John Hagee view of eschatology. It seems anything other than that is heresy and anti-semetic to the moderators. Lets really purify the Board and get rid of the Calvinists as well then we'll only have the true Baptist/Christians on the board.

John Hagee who thinks two-thirds of the Jews living in Israel will be slaughtered by the anti-christ in the near future is flying as many Jews into Israel as he can to help God along is a hero.

http://www.jhm.org/pastor.asp
    John Hagee Ministries has given more than $8.5 million to bring Soviet Jews from the former Soviet Union to Israel.

Who are the real anti-semites?

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

As has been corroborated by others: Replacement Theology is heresy. In fact it is an anti-semitic heresy. I tend to attack the heresy itself not the person. I have said many times that this is an anti-semitic heresy. But have I said even one time that you are a heretic? There is a difference.
    Even from the OT promises we know that "all Israel" refers to the remnant. God has promised himself a remnant. And that remnant will be all of the Israelites living at the time when Christ comes.

Rom 9:27 Isaiah also cries concerning Israel, "Though the number of the sons of Israel is as the sands of the sea, a remnant shall be saved.
    --And surely she will, at the end of the Tribulation when Christ comes.

Paul wrote 13 epistles. I believe he wrote more than just of "the hope of Israel." :laugh:
    He expresses his burden for the nation of Israel here, for he himself was still an Israelite. He never denied his heritage.
    Since we have no connection with Moses why should we care about the Pentateuch?
    Since we have no connection with John why should we care about John's writings?
    Why not just discard the whole Bible?
    Paul wrote 13 epistles; each epistle was either written to a local church or to a pastor of a local church. How do you say that Paul had no care of the church? He went on three missionary journeys and established over 100 local churches in his lifetime. How say you that he had no care for the church?
    Have we entered into the age of grace? Yes or no?

Gal 3:27 For as many as were baptized into Christ, you put on Christ.
    Gal 3:28 There cannot be Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is no male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
    Gal 3:29 And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise.

What promise? What are we heir too?[/quote]
    Galatians 3:23-24 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
    --Don't you just love context?
    Paul was contrasting two different dispensations: one of law and the other of grace. What happened before grace? They were all under the law. What did the law do? It was schoolmaster, a teacher, that pointed us to Christ. The law points out our sin. The law doesn't save. But Christ does save. We are justified by faith in Christ.

Galatians 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
    --Why didn't you post this verse. It is the key to the passage isn't it? How were the OT saints saved? By faith.

Galatians 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
    --Read Romans 4:1-5. Abraham was justified by faith. We are justified by faith. In the same way we are the spiritual children of Abraham, spiritual and that is all. It is an illustration.
    Because it is a free country. She is not in an interrogation room. Communism isn't the state "religion." Any other reasons I can give you?

I leave you to your own intelligence to answer that.

These are promises given to Abraham, literally. They were not given to anyone else but Abraham. What is difficult to understand about them. Out of Abraham there was a great nation that was made--Israel. God blessed them--immensely. Their name was made great. Study history. The last verse will find ultimate fulfillment in the MK.

If you want to start a petition to that effect, go ahead. I won't stop you. Do you think that bad-mouthing others is going to score brownie points with anyone on this board?

We live in a free country. John Hagee has the right to believe whatever he wants. If he wants to believe that salvation will come from Islam (not that he does), that is not my business. And frankly I don't care.

And your point is? Is he your hero? Are you concerned? Why the pre-occupation with John Hagee?
    Besides Islam, I believe there are some on this board, unfortunately.

20. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Uh, ...... - never mind.:(