1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Report Claims 1 in 4 Women Assaulted in America...

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Dec 15, 2011.

?
  1. I've known a woman who was assaulted by a spouse or a best friend?

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. My church provides victim assistance and counseling services to victims of assault?

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. I know a Christian woman who has been assaulted?

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  4. I know a family member that's been assaulted?

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  5. I would allow an abuser to continue to remain in a position at the church (explain).

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I was once abusive, received counseling, and I am now healed.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I have a bad temper, but would never assault anyone.

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  8. I am a male, and I've been assaulted by a woman.

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  9. I would intervene and report an assault if observed.

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  10. I believe these numbers are way over-inflated.

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If these statistics are true, or, more importantly accurate, that could mean a fair number of women on this very board are also victims of a violent assault. :tear:

How can this be possible in the realm of Christ centered homes? And what are churches, laity and pastors doing to prevent, and or counsel victims within their own church homes? :tear:

SEE: http://www.npr.org/2011/12/14/14373...-1-in-4-women-attacked-by-partner?ft=1&f=1003

The following poll is regarding both physical and or sexual assault crimes. It is not exclusively related to sexual assaults, nor is it related exclusively to women victims.

#1 righteousdude2, Dec 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2011
  2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I have not been a vicim of domestic violence but I HAVE been physically assaulted. Before I married, a man came after me in a supermarket parking lot and punched me in the face after I had gotten in the car. Fortunately, my dog was with me and she attacked the man and severely bit his arm. The police were later able to get him at the hospital.

I know a few women who have been assaulted and I am sure there are many others who have not let on to me.

3. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only one in four? That must be the REPORTED cases. Many more than that never go reported.

4. billwald

billwald New Member

Seems to me that anything that happens to 25% of a population must be a part of the social contract.