1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Report from Minnesota (Caucus Tonight)

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by InTheLight, Feb 7, 2012.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no clear-cut front runner in the Minnesota caucus, to be held tonight. Polls have shown the lead has changed several times. Minnesota has a history of doing kooky things in elections (Exhibit A: Jesse "the Body" Ventura, governor.) Romney won by a decent margin in 2008. The former governor and presidential candidate Tim Pawlenty is backing Romney. According to news reports the Republican leadership in Minnesota is favoring Gingrich. Santorum is polling strongly, there seems to be a shift towards him in the late stages. Ron Paul has a strong organization and is packing people into rallies. I'm seeing a lot more Ron Paul signs and bumper stickers than any other candidate. I wouldn't be surprised if we have another Iowa result here with two candidates within dozens of votes of each other. Perhaps something like this:

Santorum 26.8%
    Romney 26.7%
    Gingrich 24.2%
    Paul 22.3%

The only thing I feel confident about saying is that Gingrich won't win. However, any of the other three could win. Should be interesting.