1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Report on a cult

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Mark Scheiderer, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Mark Scheiderer

Mark Scheiderer New Member

This is my first post at these boards and I'm not sure if this is the right area to post this at, but due to the subject matter I hope no one is offended by my posting this here.
    A report on the cult I used to be in is at http://www.eth-s.com . Although Charismatics and Pentecostals are the primary people who are involved in this cult, I have received inquiries from Baptists who are thinking of getting involved with it.
    I would greatly appreciate everyone's prayers for myself as I endeavor to expose this cult and as I reply to those who e-mail me. I would also GREATLY appreciate prayers for my sister and bro-in-law who have been involved for over 21 years in this group.
    Thanks and God bless,
    Mark Scheiderer

2. Preacher's Boy

Preacher's Boy New Member

I've run across this group's influence in so. Ohio as well...I haven't attended conf. etc but know those who have...there was a wave of fasting among the local hyper charismatics a few years ago. I haven't seen much influence since then and don't run in that circle anymore...This sort of thing can really distract sincere Christians from living and spreading the true gospel. I pray fro them too.

3. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Hi Mark, I've moved this to general discussions because the welcome and announcement areas are for just that. This is a good debate and sharing area.

I've not heard of this cult but plan to read up on it. The south tends to be behind the times in stuff like this but Atlanta may be a target.

Diane

4. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Mark, thanks for posting this. I have read your story. I think you're on another list I'm also on where you posted this link.

Are you the one who said that Gwen Shaw, the leader of this group, uses a lot of New Age sources and beliefs, and mixes them with stuff from the Bible?

5. Mark Scheiderer

Mark Scheiderer New Member

Diane-

This cult had it's annual World Convention in Atlanta a few years ago.

Marcia-

I've posted about this cult at several discussion boards to get the word out about it.
    Shaw borrows from a lot of religions. She plagerized a LOT from New Age author Annalee Skarin, who in turn used stuff from Mormonism and theosophy.
    Shaw is basically a syncretist who never met a Scripture she couldn't twist.

Mark