1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Republican Nominee

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by freeatlast, Oct 12, 2011.

1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

#1 freeatlast, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2011
  2. targus

targus New Member

Herman Cain

Conservative
    Outsider - not a career politician
    Real world business experience

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Right now I am looking at
    Rick Santorum and
    Michele Bachmann

4. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I was gonna fling my vote toward Perry-----until the Deer Huntin' club incident!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle Bauchman is a good choice---as well as Romney

I'm just afraid that once Cain tastes the political power offered in the postion----he's gonna let the power go to his head!!! Just like who we have in there right now!!

5. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

I have seen every debate and have subscribed to each of their facebook and youtube pages to discover the issues. My background as an business leader and as a Pastor do play much into what I read from these people. Here is what I think and why I support each in order.

1. Ron Paul- there are only a couple issues of disagreement I have with Paul. I hold to Austrian Economic theory and tend to be more Constitutional on several issues. As well, like the hugenots, I am a Christian who is more peace focused. I don't think Government should be our nanny nor do I think our economic policies have been wise. He and every Austrian economist had predicted our current situation, and their advise is being ignored in solving our problem. Even the CBO noted that if we had tried the Austrian economic plan, we would be further on the road to recovery than the Bush/Obama plan.

2. Mitt Romney-Bottom line, he sounds like he knows what he is talking about and his level of detail shows he knows what he is talking about. As for competence on the subjects of the day, he, Paul, Huntsman and Gingrich are the only ones who can claim the knowledge and know-how needed for the job. He has an economic plan that is intelligent, though not from an Austrian perspective. Here is the catch with the others, when he talks about it you know he understands how it influences the economy. While the social issues are a major concern for me, I will let his statements stand as they are. As well, I think he has the best chance of beating Obama. He is able to convey his political philosophy and while I disagree with him on many issues, he can win.

3. Rick Santorum-This selection is mostly because of history, he has been consistent on the social issues. I also think he could get legislation passed, but his economics are extremely weak, his is unelectable, and his foreign policy is scary.

4. Newt Gingrich- He is the first person I eliminated from consideration, so it tells you how much I don't like the rest of the field. However, Newt is probably the most intellectual and thought provoking candidate in the current field. He will probably be in a cabinet position if anyone of these actually gets elected.

5. Rick Perry-He can run on many positives in Texas. Yet, he cannot and will not be able to beat Obama. As well, his economic policies are non-existent and he is not a consistent conservative, rather he is a Neocon and I have yet to hear a consistent overall philosophy and convictions on how he will govern. Considering his past, this is important. He can blame Mitt for being a flip-flopper, but Perry's unknowns are more scary to me. He also does not have the ability to sell his ideas well.

6. Michelle Bauchman/Herman Cain-Both of these people are not good candidates. Bauchman and Cain are both shallow. Cain's economic plan is not an economic plan but a tax plan that will require a Constitutional Amendment to pass, it will not happen. His ignorance of the process of getting it passed shows why he is not prepared. As well, he overhauls the system and he adds another tax, which gives America another political hot potato. Bauchman is a nice lady, but she is not a solid candidate. She seems to have a split political personality and she tries too hard to sell herself. In fact, she has not accomplished anything in Washington and I am not convinced she can lead people.

7. Huntsman- there is much I like about him, but I dislike his policies. However, as far as having the ability to get things done and an understanding of the process, Huntsman is probably the most qualified. However, I will never vote for someone who is for abortion.

6. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Waiting. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting.

Told the wife after another version of "We've got to win." statement from one of the maddening crowd - they still haven't gotten it, run on a moral platform of conviction and let the people decide whether they want it or not. Personally, no matter how corrupt/sinful this country is I think on the whole the nation is still driven by morals not present in the past choices/administrations.

I know that song keeps coming back to me from the years of yore. "Dreamin" :)

7. mandym

mandym New Member

Bachman, Perry, and Romney all lost me by going after one another as they have. Shows a low character. I am growing disappointed with Cain as he seems to be going in that direction. anyone of them will be better than Obama. None of the others stand a chance of getting elected.