1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Republican or Democrat

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Phillipians121, Sep 19, 2006.

1. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

'Cept that wacko Sam Houston was a good man for his mission . . . I am not so sure that he would be a good man for govenor . . .

;)

But, if he makes it, I'll shake his and your hand!

2. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

My parents were democrats because thats what you were in the south then. When I turned 18, I voted Republican for Texas Gov. That was my first election and I didn't know enough to vote. I might have done it just to be different. I think that Rebublican won (vaguely in my memory -- to many states since then).

3. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

As a reporter, I used to cover the Texas governor races. What a riot! The arrogance of Bill Clements, they subterfuge of Mark White, and good old Clayton Williams whose stupid comments about Texas weather, rape and being "serviced" in Mexico caused him to lose.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Nice spin, but it won't fly. You are suggesting that, if faced with only bad choices in candidates, I should not vote at all. Not so. I'll pick the least objectionable candidate with Christian values as the highest priority. Athiests need not apply. No matter how good they are on other issues.

Hutchison was the best choice the last two times she has run. I'll have to see what the future holds. If she has a democrat opponent that has a stronger stance against abortion than she has, I'll vote for them.

Would you like to go on record as a Christian who would willingly vote for an athiest? Only if you like them on other issues , of course.:rolleyes:

5. Magnetic Poles

I, for one, would vote for an atheist, a Buddhist, a cowboy, a housewife, or (GASP) even someone who drinks; so long as they were the best person for the job.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Pity.

Proverbs 29:2
    When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.

Psalm 125:3
    For the rod of the wicked shall not rest upon the lot of the righteous; lest the righteous put forth their hands unto iniquity.

7. Magnetic Poles

So who falls into your definition of "wicked" and why?

8. Jack Matthews

Jack Matthews New Member

Atheists and pro-choice candidates are out, but agnostics and fence sitters are in with carpro.

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I don't believe we've dicussed agnostics, but you are right about athiests and pro abortion candidates.

All politicians are fence sitters in one way or another.

But, I do strongly suspect the Christian sincerety of those who would knowingly submit themselves to the authority of the Godless. I can't seem to turn off Biblical teachings and values when I enter a voting booth , like some.:tear:

10. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, further confirmation, as if any were needed, that honesty has no place in politics.