1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Republican: Palin is another Huckabee

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Robert Snow, Jul 26, 2009.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I see the impostor is at it again. Palin would certainly be a better president than the idiot baby killer who currently occupies the White House.

Obama and the democrats are making the same mistakes that FDR and the democrats made in the 1930's; they are trying to spend their way out of a recession. It can't be done. We are headed for the stagflation of Carter at best and the depression of FDR at worst. If Obama finishes the first term he will be easily defeated in 2012.

2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Based on history, I'll go with Palin for now!

Why? Glad you asked!

Remember how buddy-buddy the press was with McCain during the primaries? THE man - a real valuable candidate - basically nothing but praises for him!

Then, after he got the bid, they crawled on him like ugly on a horned toad; no comparison to the "0" in any category 'cept as a "war hero" and that was always buried on the 10th page of the news.

Now there's Palin, and even though she is totally out of any major politics now (and has been since losing in '08), the left continues to try to sling crap, hoping some of it will stick.

Now doesn't this seem a bit paranoid for a "non-candidate"! Must be something there that scares the bejeebers out of the left, and they are simply doing "PRE-EMPTIVE" strikes against her.

Would she be the answer?? I don't know, but the Ds sure are afraid of her for some reason. That raises her potential in my book several notches.

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I agree here, few people knew Obama in 2007 yet he managed to beat Hillary in the primaries. Obama is out if the economy doesn't at least stop this decline but I believe his challenger is not on the radar today.

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Funny article I just read mentioned a guy at Palin's resignation with a sign that said, “Sarah Palin for President, 2012-2014 1/2.”

5. Johnv

Johnv New Member

In regards to the "you're looking for" comment, I'm not looking for any particular viewpoint. I merely stated a fact about voting patterns and party strengths.

In regards to expierience, history dictates that length of prior political experience does not contribute to a more effective presidency. She is certainly as minimally experienced as many other POTUS candidates who have gone before her, whose experience was not called into question.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Palin has a long way to go to even be considered a "front runner".

It is primarily liberals that label her as such. It gives them reason to continue their attacks.

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Her abilities and experience are at least as good as the dunce that is in the White House now.

She's still not a "front runner". Never has been.

But it's really funny how frightened liberals are of her. :laugh:

8. rbell

rbell Active Member

But hey...if she'll be a "community organizer" for a year or two, and then be a senator for a few months, then she'll have as much experience as President Hopeandchange.

"Yes, we can!"

9. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

As long as she doesn't quit she will be qualified.

10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    While I would not vote for Palin she is more experienced than Obama. And of course Obama's lack of experience did not matter to libbies curing the campaigning now they want to use it against Palin?

11. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Not at being president, he has exactly 6 months more experience than she does at the actual job of being president.

In fact, there are exactly 4 guys alive with more experience than Obama at being president and only one of them (Bush Sr.) can run for office again.

12. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Why couldn't Carter run again? He only served one term.

13. rbell

rbell Active Member

You'll have to forgive LeBuick.

Like most of us, he blocks out intensely traumatic memories (the Carter presidency).

:eek: :applause:

14. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

You got it, I was no Carter or Ford fan. Inflation was at an all time high, no gas and his so called peace talks, well, where is the peace?

Hey, I heard Gov Palin gave a great speech at the NRA this weekend. Glad to see she is staying active.

15. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think its the other way around. I like Sarah palin more than I do Mike Huckabee. Do take me the wrong way, I think Mike Huckabee is a good guy, but he's not as conservative as Palin is.

One thing that I totally frowned upon when Huckabee was governor of Arkansas was that any U.S. citizen that came from out of state to attend a college, had to pay out-of-state tuition fees. Foreign exchange students & non-citizens did not have to. I have a feeling that he is very weak on immigration issues.

Anytime Mr. Huckabee is asked a tough question head on, he won't tackle it. He'll use a humorous joke to sort of side step it. He's also too soft on his opponents.

If Huckabee got the nomination in 2008, I would have voted for him. I think he is 10 times more conservative than John McCain. I still believe that the Republican Party can do better than Mike Huckabee.

The thing I like about Sarah Palin is she is not afraid to speak up or speak out. Sometimes she might put her foot in her mouth, but at least she is heard when she speaks. The only downside is her lack of experience. The thing that I like about her is that she seems to be more like a regular person than a political figure. I think the liberal media has been extremely unfair to her. Has done everything they can do to cast major doubt on her ability to do the job.

Her leaving the governor spot did make her look bad & will hurt her chances. When the primaries roll around, if there is no one more conservative than she is, I'll vote for her. I think she would be awesome if she were paired up with Bobby Jindal (Louisiana's governor).

16. rbell

rbell Active Member

I'm sure she'll be active...unless she goes for a drive with Teddy, or on a hunting trip with Dick.

17. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Now that was funny... True but funny... :laugh::thumbsup: