1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Requesting elder authority/support regarding street evangelism

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Nov 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That message is not my best. I have others that are better.

2. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm glad my post came across ok.

Take your pick on counselors. You wouldn't be seeking treatment for mental illness, so having a licensed professional isn't necessary (although it could be useful). You should speak to the pastor to see if he has any options to recommend in the area.

3. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I disagree with keener in that subject.

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Truth Shopping".

• Winner Winner x 3
  5. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will make a note of it

6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds like that you need to find a Good Pastor, who can discuss with you the issues of divorce and how that ffects ones walk with the Lord!

Just seems that you have not dealt with those issues yet...

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jonshaff in my signature is a message on Hell. It's one of my better one of the dozens of open air sermons I have preached.

8. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Besides there are THOUSANDS of WOTM and other types of open air preachers. Not all have the same ability.

9. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree here. Worship itself is dependent on the heart. Those of whom Paul spoke were spreading the gospel, but they were doing so out of a wrong motive and a selfish desire rather than as an act of true worship.

And on that day many will say "Lord, Lord". They acknowledged with their lips that Jesus is Lord. They preached His gospel. They ministered to others. God may have used them to bring countless people into the Kingdom. But they were in truth practicing lawlessness. Their lawlessness betrayed a false motive behind the work and Jesus will reply that He never knew them. That is a terrifying passage and I agree we need to evaluate our motives.

#149 JonC, Dec 1, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm going to tell something personal about myself that I hope you will consider.

*I* go to counseling. I've been twice now. It's a secular counselor that my regular doctor advised. I was skeptical, but I made the appointment. When I was evaluated, it got a "whiff" of the psychobabble that you refer to, but at the initial session, I told the counselor that I was a Christian and that Christian principles are very important to me.

He hasn't yet suggested anything yet that is contrary to what I believe as a Christian. And he's helping me navigate through some heavy life experiences that are all bearing down at the same time. I've been very anxious, depressed, and worried sick for about two years now about several things and it's interfering with so many relationships and causing me to pull away from everyone and everything that is important to me - God included. And I just can't *snap* out of it.

Ask your regular doctor for a competent counselor's name. Research him or her and if you go - tell them you are a Christian and that those Biblical principles are dear to you.

11. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother, at the expense of me not being helpful at all, i just want you to know that i care deeply about you and your relationship with Christ and i will bow out of these threads. I am praying for you. My desire is to see you grow and nothing was said just to nit pick. My sincerest apologies if i came across unloving or unkind. Look unto Jesus, The Author and Perfecter of our faith.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scarlett, thank you for sharing that - which is an important step - We shall be in prayer for you.

13. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No apology necessary

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin

Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You don't know me Evan, and I don't know you, except we both serve the same Father, and I ain't gonna say nothing judgemental as I've made more mistakes in my first few years of life than most folks make for their entire life.

I just want to point out that most of the member's of Christ's family on this specific thread are usually arguing back and forth and back and forth on theology, and interpretation, and all sorts of stuff, yet it seems almost all of them are in one accord with what's being discussed. I think that says something. Just a thought Brother.

I ain't gonna say anything else other than I love ya, I care about ya, and if you do think about the above thought, and process what it means, God still loves ya too.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Great post!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.