1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Resetting browser for searches?

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Gina B, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I'm really annoyed. I tested my theory by checking it out on someone else's computer in the house, and it's true.

The stupid search engines pick up on your browsing history and give you results based on it.

So if I do a google search from my computer and do one from another computer in the exact same house, I come up with different results.

I do not like this at all. I use Firefox. I do have an email account with Google, and I use google searches and only occasionally use other search engines.

Can you tell me how to reset whatever I need to reset and quit getting results based on my browsing history?

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

It is in your Google 'My Account'

Go 'Web History' and then hit 'pause'

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Got it, thanks! Wish I'd known that one a long time ago...

4. Brian30755

Brian30755 New Member

So if you don't log-in to Google before using it, it doesn't track your search history, correct?

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Your browser will track it of course, but if you are not logged in Google will not track your history with you account.