1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Response to: "I have become an agnostic" thread

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Aaron, Oct 25, 2005.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Actually I am glad to have the questions asked and serious sincere searching take place.

But the "closed to truth" option is dangerous as Peter found out in Matt 16 when he said to Christ in effect "This far and no farther" Christ said to Peter "Get thee behind me Satan".

John 9:41
    Jesus said to them, " If you were blind, you would have no sin; but since you say, ' We see,' your sin remains.

To turn from the light given once accepted is to face a "terrifying expectation of judgment to come" according to Paul in Heb 10 --

Heb 6:1-8 speaks of ground that experiences the new birth and the blessings of the Gospel and then is still unfruitful as the soul eventually chooses darkness "anyway".

These are clear warnings in scripture against playing around with the Gospel like it was a chew toy to be lightly tossed aside once you are done with the game.

In Christ,

Bob

2. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

[​IMG]

Dear Travel Song,

Let me take this last oportunity to tell you this. God loves you. You cannot acheive salvation with your brain. You must acheive salvation with your heart. All your intellectual gymnastics are as filthy rags to Jesus.

It doesn't matter if you were raised in church, and up to your eyeballs in church activities all your life, and know all the scriptures backwards and forward. None of that will save you.

That is why I proposed my test which you brushed aside as just a stupid idea by a sweet little old lady!

First of all I am a warrior for Jesus, and I'm sure have lived longer than you and know a lot more about the Lord too.

Just because you are a BIG STRONG dock worker, does not mean anything to God either.

So go your way, and do whatever you must do. But when things get really tough, just remember the proposal that the "precious" person gave you here on this board.

Brains, brawn, and being handsome means nothing to God. May your journey bring you quickly to the end of yourself so that you can finally see what we have all been trying to tell you.

When you finally and sincerely cry out to God, then He will reveal himself to you. He will need no help.

Working for Jesus,

Tamborine Lady

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I answered this one for you a long time back in the thread. God doesn't worry, and He doesn't need you to worry for Him. In fact if you were truly concerned about those "millions upon millions (if not billions) of people who have never had the opportunity to hear of this Jesus person," then you would get right with God and do something about. Go to the neediest place in the world and tell them the gospel that at least they would have had the chance that you are speaking of to hear the Word of God and be saved.

However, even your question belies both your unbelief and your shallowness in Bible knowledge. God has already promised:

"The grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to ALL men."

You can choose to ignore God, question Him, doubt Him, call Him a liar, or whatever. I choose to believe Him, and realize that somehow, he has given every man a chance to come to Christ. The grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. That is the plain truth of God's word. It is up to you to believe it.

It is up to you to choose to believe the Word in every respect. A true believer would not be doubting God, in the way that you are, especially so publicly.
    I trust that you will find peace. Peace only comes from God.
    "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God."
    I hope you find that peace.

In Christ,
    DHK

With that it is time for this thread to be closed.