1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Return of the King Review

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Dec 27, 2003.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

What did you think of the final movie?

In comparison to tohte other two?

Favorite parts?

What can go?

2. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    WHAT CAN GO????

I can't wait to purchase the "Extended Version" on DVD and see the whole 14+ hours of 'the fellowship'!

I've seen the extended version of the first movie and loved it even more than the 'film' version.

It will require a rather soft chair and lots of free time.

SW, you've just got to read the book!

Rob

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

READ THE BOOK! ???

It was a big push for me to see the twin towers. But, once I saw it, I was ready for the third. I went back and purchased the other two on video. Can't waid for this third to be out o video either.

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Our family were MAJOR book fans before the films. FOTR was well done, and basically true the theme and ideas of the book. I personally thought that TTT was rubbish - poorly done and almost no relation to the book. ROTK was marvellous IMHO. Basically true to the parts of the book it covered, well performed, etc. I was nearly moved to tears when the hobbits tried to bow to the king. ROTK was by far the best of the trilogy.

5. HeDied4U

HeDied4U Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And who didn't have a tear in their eye as the Elf ship was sailing off at the end?

Saw FOTR and TTT on DVD (both just regular versions), and knew I had to see ROTK on the big screen. My wife and I went to see it yesterday and all I can say is that I'm glad I went to the bathroom before it started because I would not have wanted to get up once it started, it was that good.

Did anyone notice how much the orc(sp) that was leading the battle against the city looked like Sloth from the movie The Goonies?

God Bless!!!

Adam [​IMG]

6. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

I have the FOTR and TTT on the extended DVD set. People who don't see the extended of each get ripped.

Anyway, how about Aragorn jumping off the pirate ship only to have his army follow him? Wasn't that awesome? I loved it when Gandalf tells Pippin that death isn't the end; that when you wake up, there is nothing but endless country.

7. glenn316

glenn316 New Member

I thought the movie was probably as good an adaptation as could be done. However I was annoyed by some of the liberties taken. And the final scene at the gray havens! They were anything but gray, it looked like a Kincaid painting of a sunset :rolleyes:
    It was almost offset by the amazing spider Selob, and the stairway scenes. I don't even want to talk about how cheesey the pyre conclusion was.