1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rev. Hill executed for killing abortion Dr.

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by bobby c, Sep 3, 2003.

1. Kiffin

Kiffin New Member

Paul Hill, I would not say he is a Christian. He was a unrepentant muderer and his execution was justified. His murder of the abortion doctor has only set back the prolife movement here in the USA. The Bible says that murderers have their place in Hell and Mr. Hill most likely joined the abortion doctor he murdered. Jesus said those that live by the sword will die by the sword and Hill has found that out. Abortion is America's greatest sin but Paul Hill is as bad as the man he killed.

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Oh, I'm sure he's a Christian. Just one who's made incredibly sinful and evil choices.

3. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

I just saw this on the news last night.

Did the minister think that God's 6th commandment applied to the doctor and not to him? And if anyone thinks that....how do you explain his decision to kill the doctors body guard too?

I'm sorry, But, this is yet another case of overzeolous religious fanaticism. And I think history has proven that whenever someone breaks God's laws in the name of Christianity...it's a sad day for everyone. :(

4. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

BUT, in his last news conference, he professed his belief and love for God and his desire to be in paradise. How can you then say he was not a child of God. To be perfectly frank, who in the world gave you the authority to say who is or is not His child??? Why do you think that murdering someone is any worse than any other Commandment? Have you ever lied? Are you going to hell for it?

I'm so glad that I don't believe in a system of works like some people. If it was based on our works, we would ALL be going to hell.

The man got his earthly punishment, but that will have absolutely no bearing whatsoever on his eternal destination.

BTW, do you believe the executioner of Mr. Hill will also be going to hell?

5. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

Johnv said:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sherrie

6. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

David Koresh shared the same things. I find it hard that a person can be so okay with such a heinous sin and not want to repent of it. That, to me, is a huge warning sign right there.

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is killing an SS butcher at Hitler's Death Camp "justified" because it would save millions of lives?

If one accepts such a premise (as did Rev. Hill) then he was simply "obeying God rather than man" and totally justified in killed the Florida butcher.

I think that is why he died happy, content in going to the Lord as a martyr in a battle far greater than Hitler's minions.

Of course his premise was wrong.

8. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I just praise the Lord that I wasn't on the jury or the person to decide this man's punishment.

I wonder how many lives Rev. Hill saved?

"the joy of the Lord will be my strength
    I will not falter.... I will not faint"

Diane

9. Bro. James Reed

A warning sign, yes, but Kiffin came outright and said he went to hell. There have been many people throughout time who we would think are not possibly doing God's work, but they were.

Just look at David. He was guilty of murder, adultery, and who knows what else, but he was a man after God's own heart. Joshua killed men, women, and children to take the promised land because the Lord commanded him to. Now I would hardly call Mr. Hill another David, Joshua, or any other person of biblical importance, but I do believe that he is in heaven with the Lord right now.

I like the way Dr. Bob described it. Hill killing this doctor was tantamount to someone killing a Nazi prison guard.

Who knows, maybe 50 years from now, when we're all a little smarter (hopefully) he will be thought of as a hero for the unborn, just like a Nazi killer during WWII.

10. Kiffin

Kiffin New Member

And so does ever Islamic suicide bomber.

I do not judge him by my opinion. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. (Rev. 21:8) I judge him by the Word of God. Revelation 21:8 states that all murderers go to the Lake of Fire. Who are you or me to question the Word of God? Mr. Hill was unrepentant of his murder. I could care less about what he says about his love for Jesus. James states "FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD" and Revelation 21:8 states all murderers have their place in the Lake of Fire. I take the Word of God literally on that. Judging Mr. Hill by his actions I must let the Word state where he is.

I do not believe the Bible ever states all sins are equal. We all sin including me and yes Christians can and do commit murder (King David for one) but Christians have the Holy Spirit in them to convict them and bring them to repentance. I believe all true saints are preserved by God unto salvation and that they will ultimately persevere in the Faith. Mr. Hill was proud of what he done to the end unless he somehow repented in his last seconds.

I don't believe in work salvation but Works are the fruit that one has been born again. The entire Book of James reminds us that while we are not saved by our works our works are relevant. James stated, What good is it brothers if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? (James 2:14) If I was to use this scripture and apply it to Mr. Hill, who was a cold blooded murderer yet claimed to have faith in Christ...What conclusion using James words will I come up with?

Our works do matter. They say something about us. FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD. To be honest you misrepresented by statements for I said, I would not say he is a Christian and Mr. Hill most likely joined the abortion doctor he murdered. I never said as you incorrectly stated Kiffin came outright and said he went to hell. I cannot however and will not say a person is a Christian who murders someone and is unrepentant because that contradicts scripture. He most likely is in Hell because of his own testimony of unrepentance of a cold blooded act of murder that he was happy with.

I don't know since I know not if he is a Christian. He however is not a murderer because Romans 13 gives government the authority to punish evil doers like Mr. Hill. It is people like Mr. Hill who set back the Pro life movement. He has aided the Pro abortion movement by giving them ammunition to potray the entire Pro Life movement as a bunch of nuts. Mr. Hill was not prolife and has harmed the cause of the Pro life movement.

11. kung_foo_christian

kung_foo_christian New Member

Can anyone say that he was serving God in killing that Doctor?

And if he was, how many people here will go and serve God in the same way?

The guy was a murderer.
    He took the law into his own hands and decided, with no right to do so, who should live and who should die.

He is as bad as any other murderer, and since he did not repent of his sin I believe he is now burning in hell for it.

-KFC

12. Bro. James Reed

I have a hypothetical for you.

A man goes and kills a young girl. The father of the young girl seeks out and kills the man who killed his daughter. In the eyes of the law, the father is just as guilty as the man he killed. The father lived the rest of his days feeling no remorse for killing the man who killed his daughter. Did he also go to hell???

Go back and read Dr. Bob's post. Did those people who killed Nazis during WWII without feeling remorse also go to hell???

It amazes me the way some forms of murder are deemed acceptable but others are not.

In fact, I don't think I would call this a murder. I liken it more to an execution.

All I know is that "doctor" can't kill anymore babies.

13. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

Diana, I wish that I had been on the jury. He may have been guilty of the crime, but his punishment would not have been this extreme.

14. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Agree Jailminister.

I wonder how people would feel if God, today, sent fire and brimstone upon everyone who helps with abortions, had abortions without repenting, knowingly gave money to charities that help fund abortions, those who counsel that abortion is okay...

Much like Sodom and Gommorah and the earth before the flood, God can and does show anger at wrong doing. Maybe He did speak to Rev. Hill. I don't know the mind of God but I DO believe Rev. Hill is in heaven today.

15. Kiffin

Kiffin New Member

I am amazed that so many "Fundamentalist" Christians on this board have sympathy for Mr. Hill. It reminds me of how many Muslims are mute on Palestian suicide bombings against Israel and how many Muslims were mute on Sept 11.

I am also amazed how much theology is based on emotions rather than on scripture (Rev. 21:8). God did not speak to Mr. Hill (Maybe Satan did :mad: ). Do not forget he wounded a innocent bystander in his attack (the doctor's wife) and after seeing the doctor was still breathing he coldly pumped more gun shots. The Bible does not endorse vigilante justice. Only Government has the authority to execute vengeance on criminals, not individuals. Mr. Hill was a lawless person who did what was right in his own eyes. In that sense he was much like the men in Sodom.

Prolifers need to condemn his actions of murder or we lose our testimony to condemn abortion as evil. If not, we are not really prolife.

16. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Kiffin said:
    My sympathy is for the unborn. I think of all the 'lives saved'. I do not approve of Rev. Hills methods of stopping this multiple murderer but think of all the abortionist who were scared into giving up performing abortions because of his action!

Romans 11:34 For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?

I try to be careful when someone says God has spoken them about something. Who am I to know the mind of God?

1 Samuel 2:35 And I will raise me up a faithful priest, that shall do according to that which is in mine heart and in my mind: and I will build him a sure house; and he shall walk before mine anointed for ever.

17. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

I haven't heard of one abortionist who gave up his practice because of this. Do you not think that if this were true, then those in the Christian press would be all over it?

We know the mind of Christ, as it is seen in His word. Can you honestly see that Jesus Christ would tell Peter, "Go kill that person with your sword because they are about to commit murder?" Oh, wait - he said the opposite! God does not ask anyone to sin or do something that goes against His Word, and I can't believe that anyone would defend this action. No wonder the world's view on Christianity is in the shape that it's in. Maybe we ARE a bunch of hypocrites.

1 Samuel 2:35 And I will raise me up a faithful priest, that shall do according to that which is in mine heart and in my mind: and I will build him a sure house; and he shall walk before mine anointed for ever. [/QB][/QUOTE]

18. Kiffin

Kiffin New Member

I have never heard of any abortionists giving up the practice because of this. It is irrelevant anyhow. Christians are not to do the Lord's work through terror. Vote for prolife people. Write your congress people to support anti abortion legislation. Mr. Hill only hurts the cause and could give ammunition for many to call us who are Pro life -terrorists. Hill saved no lives. This gives opportunity for some to call Prolife speeches "Hate crimes" and may have helped solidify the Pro Abortion movement that results in more abortions and possibly in the long term suppress freedom of speeach against us who are pro life.

Christ has not called us to take up a sword against the abortionists but to love our neighbor yet at the same time in the spirit of Christ rebuke the evil of abortion. Mr. Hill in the spirit of this world shamed the name of Christ and the pro life movement.

19. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

We had a baykiller in our local community a few years back. We picketed his abortuary and set up conseling for the women outside of his abortuary. He eventually got tired of us being there and left town. He went to Houston, where he died in a fiery car accident just a few months later. God will give a person a chance to repent and if he doesn't then God can handle the vengence. I believe Rev. Hill made a bad decision, but it was not worthy of the death penalty.

20. Johnv

Johnv New Member

The ex Rev Hill's "bad decision" was the intent to commit bodily harm resulting in the death of two persons. He committed murder with malice aforethought. Murder in his state carries a death penalty. His conviction, sentence, and execution are acceptible and worthy.