1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Revelation 10

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by th1bill, Nov 9, 2011.

1. th1bill

th1bill Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Revelation 10:1:
    And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire:
    Revelation 10:2:
    And he had in his hand a little book open: and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth,
    Revelation 10:3:
    And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices.
    Revelation 10:4:
    And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.

Here we find what I always try to caution people to understand, everything is not revealed to us. God has given, to us, His children, all that we need to know and no more. Why am I concerned? There are three, yes three, types of people on the Earth God created. The first is the Lost Man and you will need to read and then Chain Reference Matt. 22:2-14 to understand that there are two classes of Saved Men.

I am oft rebuked, some harshly, for this teaching but it is the teaching of God by the Son. If we have been to church at all, we know that going to our final destination, Heaven or the Abyss, is eternal. From this teaching I extract the truth that, save those at the Great White Throne Judgment, all that are at the Wedding Feast will remain in the Food Grace of God forever. The guests at the feast in the parable, greatly out number the Bride. They (in my opinion) have entered through the Narrow Gate but, it would appear, have not loved the Groom, Christ, with all their heart, body and soul!

So my concern, this lack of all the information goes and rows in two directions! The Bride tries, not always successfully, to obey their Christ but then there are those that are both in the Guests and in the Lost that instead of reading the Word of God and building their faith, they begin to Interpret, not from one language to another but, into what God should have said or meant to say. We are saved by faith and we grow only by faith!

And then the old fossil pulls his stingy brim down toward his glasses, steps off the stump and walks away.

Revelation 10:5:
    And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven,
    Revelation 10:6:
    And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:

I have more than few times, seen folks, some of them preaching for many years, teach that this seventh angel is Jesus but verses 5 and 6 should prohibit all teachers from making that claim because the angel, possibly Michael or Gabriel, swears by Jesus. When we deal with scripture we should, and in my opinion, must, always be careful not to interpret the Word of God unless it is from one language to another. God has already blessed men to give us His Word and God knew exactly what He wanted to say.

Revelation 10:7:
    But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.
    Revelation 10:8:
    And the voice which I heard from heaven spake unto me again, and said, Go and take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel which standeth upon the sea and upon the earth.

Now we see that Jesus, still in Heaven, is commanding John to take the little book from the hand of His angel, once again, confirming that this is a servant of His, with one foot on the earth and one on the land.

Revelation 10:9:
    And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.
    Revelation 10:10:
    And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.
    Revelation 10:11:
    And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.

There is, and I believe for good reason, a great deal of discussion had on this passage. What I have been given by the Holy Ghost is a Spiritual application here. John, like Daniel, has been forbidden to write everything he has seen, heard and made privy to. As a man chosen, by God, to evangelize, I have had great success with the Internet and Prison portions of my ministry. I have helped people from all six populated continents to find the foot of the cross of Jesus.

When God first saved me I consumed the Book (the Bible) and it was the sweetest thing I had ever found! But like D.L. Moody, it made my belly ache. D.L. Once looked out the window of his hotel room in London and when asked what he saw he said something about all the lost people that were going to Hell. One cannot embrace the truth of the Bible without being heart-broken.

2. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    th1bill, within a couple of years after my coming to know the Lord I ended up like that cotton picker in Alabama of many years ago. You know who I'm referring to as he said, "Lord, this row sho' 'nuff is long..., Lord, it sho' 'nuff is hot out here..., Lord, this bag is sho' nuff is getting heavy........, Praise the Lord I've been called to preach!"

There was a time when I was of the impression I was being called to preach. I finally came to realize that it was just me..., thanks to an older pastor I had spoke with, the matter was settled. With hind-sight I would not have made a good pastor.

Like Moody I do sometimes just look at people and want to shake them as they cannot see what is just around the corner.

Needless to say, "I ain't got no book lernin' much and ain't so well educamated..." but I do have faith. Just as we all have different fingerprints (all 7 billion of us) we all have differing makeups as far as character, attitudes, desires, levels of understanding, etc. Is it any wonder mankind is considered mere sheep and in need of a Shepard?

Regarding your post, I'm impressed in that others have been blessed more so than me when it comes to the discernment of God Word. I mean, wouldn't this be a dull world if everyone sold Amway?

Gods Word is truly a Living Bible and often one specific verse can apply to a number of individuals so as to satisfy their specific need(s). The down side is that someone usually jumps up to declare..., "YOU"RE WRONG, and here's why?" If any of us could master the Word of the Lord we would no longer need to approach Him on a daily basis, now would we?

Outside of the basic message of Salvation what the Lord shows you..., over and above what he has shown me..., is fabulous! I guess what I am (trying) to say here is that if I read, lets say, John 3:16, that verse is as never ending as the vastness of outer-space. That's awesome to me. God's Word never ends.

As for your posting and insight on Revelations, right, wrong, or indifferent I appreciate your sharing. Should I begin to ponder the matter the Lord will settle it for me.

...enough rambling.

#2 HAMel, Nov 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2011