1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Revelation 15

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by th1bill, Dec 12, 2011.

1. th1bill

th1bill Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Revelation 15:1:
    And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having seven plagues, which are the last, for in them is finished the wrath of God.

These chapters remind us that the Book of The Revelation of Jesus, the Christ, are, likely, not recorded chronologically and that we must view them in the same manor that is required for us to be saved, by faith! In fourteen we saw the Harvest and the sorting of the Wheat and the Tares and up to this point we have seen three and a half years of false peace, the kind of peace a man or, in this case, a False Christ can generate and in the previous fourteen chapters we have seen some of the wrath of God mixed in and it can be confusing without the peace of the Holy Spirit and His understanding. But we take heart here for it is announced that these seven Messenger/Servants of God hold the end of Godś wrath... if the world will just be still and seek after God!

15:2: And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire; and them that come off victorious from the beast, and from his image, and from the number of his name, standing by the sea of glass, having harps of God.
    15:3: And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, O Lord God, the Almighty; righteous and true are thy ways, thou King of the ages.

It is a Human Tendency to lump these first three verses with the next three or four before commenting but I find such a strong emphases that is worthy of note here. Jesus, when teaching us to pray taught us to always praise and to glorify God, the Father. And then again we are instructed to pray always and without ceasing. Here we have the victorious in the Christ and they are on their cloud recliners playing their harps to themselves...NOT!

No, they are singing, glorifying and praising God... for all eternity. For the great majority, this is next to impossible to conceive because we tend to reference everything to our Earthly Journey, and nothing can be further from correct! In 1Cor. 15:52 we are instructed that in an instant (my note: at the Rapture) we will be changed and add that to the truth taught by Jesus in the Gospels that there will be neither male nor female in Heaven and our entire perspective is changed!

We will no longer lust for our wives or our husbands because we are not sexual beings any longer and we will be eager to praise our LORD! We, absolutely, will not be the same people!

15:4:Who shall not fear, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy; for all the nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy righteous acts have been made manifest.

Holy! This is a word so often not understood and therefore misapplied. It is so misunderstood that if the Watch Tower people had began to grasp it, their entire mission to translate the New World Translation Bible would have taken an entirely different course. In the early versions of this abomination, on a fly-leaf they explained how they had interpreted the text. They assigned ¨A¨ meaning to each Hebrew, Aramaic and Koine Greek word and from these assignments the text arose!

The word Holy in it´s context here sets God apart from all else. It denotes His perfection and absolute absence of fault. Now, in First Peter 1:16 we learn that I am holy. Notice that I use the lower case h in reference to myself! I am not Holy as is God,rather than being perfect I am separated from the people around me for God´s purposes. A single definition can not be used to interpret the word holy! I have often been called foolish by the young of today because of my insistence that the entire composition of the Bible is of one context but it is and we will never understand the first thing about the scriptures without learning to discern composition.

15:5:And after these things I saw, and the temple of the tabernacle of the testimony in heaven was opened:
    15:6:and there came out from the temple the seven angels that had the seven plagues, arrayed with precious stone, pure and bright, and girt about their breasts with golden girdles.

This message and all of these events come right out from Heaven.

15:7:And one of the four living creatures gave unto the seven angels seven golden bowls full of the wrath of God, who liveth for ever and ever.
    15:8:And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God, and from his power; and none was able to enter into the temple, till the seven plagues of the seven angels should be finished.

It has long been understood by the men that have taken the study of scripture seriously that it is a terrible thing to find one´s self in the hand of the Wrathful God and these last two verses are a great illustration of that truth.