1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Revelation 17:8

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by DesiderioDomini, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whichever one is faithful to the Greek which God inspired.

2. DesiderioDomini

DesiderioDomini New Member

Is there anyone here who would agree that William has offered proof in defense of his claim that the reading found in the KJV IS found in a manuscript? If he has offered evidence for his position, and I have not offered evidence supporting mine, please let it be known.

If you wish to stand with William's claims against me, then do these 2 things:

1. Copy and paste the evidence he provided in which you agree with.

2. Briefly explain what on earth William's above post had to do with anything resembling the topic at hand.

3. william s. correa

william s. correa New Member

In Revelation 17:8 Codex Sinaiticus reads "ουκ εστιν και παρεσται" so, once again, william has been caught telling an untruth. :( </font>[/QUOTE]Once Again you hear what you want! and dont look at the whole sentence!"Did you check out Codex Sinaiticus in th 4th century" "they are going to find Revelation 17:8 and all of you will be surprised"! If they had already found it then why would I lie? Duh! get a life!

4. DesiderioDomini

William,

are you really that insane? Do you really want us to believe you are as stupid as you are trying to make it seem?

No one is questioning whether the verse should be there. We are questioning 2 words, and if you dont know that by now, then you should not be here. That means you are either retarded, or intentionally stupid. I am not insulting you, because I honestly feel you are doing this on purpose.

I highly doubt our resident KJVO are dumb enough to throw their lot in with your insanity.

5. william s. correa

william s. correa New Member

Here is a simple question. How many hand-copied NT manuscripts existed in England in the early 1600s. How many are today extant ?
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose" - Jim Elliott, martyred in Quito, Ecuador 1956

At least are you willing to admitt that it is there now and was in alot of early reference of the verse, or else Erasmus wouldn't have written it! Did he say it was a Typo ?

6. DesiderioDomini

I am now considerably dumber than I was 20 seconds ago, before I read your post.

Before long, they are gonna send me back to preK if I keep reading your asinine comments.

7. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    MR. Correa, are ya gonna cease raving & deal with the question, or not? You are doing nothing but repelling people from your position right now. None of the other KJVOs have gone off the deep end as YOU have lately.

Do you need some time off to deal with your family situation?

If not, lets see your PROOF that kaiper esti belongs in the Textus Receptus and was NOT a goof by Erasmus. Bear in mind that he & printer John Froben were in a race with Cardinal Ximenes to publish a Greek text first, and goofs were very possible.

8. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, william, Codex Sinaiticus has not been changed. It reads the same now as it did in the 4th century, the 14th century, and as it will read in the 24th century.

Now, again, can you give me the name or catalog number of any Greek manuscript that reads the same as the KJV in Revelation 17:8?

9. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    About 12.
    All of them. And all of them read the same, and none of them read as does the KJV in Revelation 17:8.

10. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

No one that I have seen has denied Revelation 17:8 as belonging in the Bible. But, several have pointed out that the two words were not in the Greek.

You claim that you have proof that there is a Greek manuscript that contains it.

The burden of proof lies with you. Show it.

But, since you have spread lies about several things, I suspect that this is another one.

Also, hearsay is not proof; a copy of the Greek manuscript would suffice. That should be easy if you have "proof".

edited at poster's request

[ May 17, 2006, 01:43 AM: Message edited by: C4K ]

11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Alright - enough is enough

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.