1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Revelation 17:8

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by DesiderioDomini, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is Jesus!! That is Jesus!! That is why we are all here! Thank God for the KJB </font>[/QUOTE]What is Jesus?

Don't blame Jesus for KJVOnlyism... he had nothing to do with it.

2. william s. correa

william s. correa New Member

No Because they wern't SAVED and therefore didnt KNOW the truth! Swing down chariot and stop and let me ride! Coming forth to carry me Home! Roc me lord , roc me Lord I got a home on the other side!

3. william s. correa

That is Jesus!! That is Jesus!! That is why we are all here! Thank God for the KJB </font>[/QUOTE]What is Jesus?

Don't blame Jesus for KJVOnlyism... he had nothing to do with it.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Amen

4. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No Because they wern't SAVED and therefore didnt KNOW the truth! </font>[/QUOTE]That's a pretty dangerous answer for you to give.

You claim to "KNOW the truth" though you have no historical nor scriptural proof for it. That is basically the same thing the gnostics did who you declare weren't saved.

They declared that they were the only true Christians because they had the "knowing"... sort of like you.

5. DesiderioDomini

DesiderioDomini New Member

I honestly dont know what to do anymore. I have never seen anything like this. William, Askjo, Standingfirm, and the others simply will not answer the question honestly.

I will ask this, which I am sure will be ignored as well, but WHAT is the alternative to this reading being a typo? That it was found in 1 manuscript so Erasmus included it? Then, that manuscript was destroyed?

How feasible is that? If this reading is real, like you claim, then where is your proof? I think I have established AMPLE proof that this reading has NO HISTORY WHATSOEVER. It did not exist before 1516. You have claimed this wasnt true, yet refused to provide any evidence to support it, but simply YOUR WORD. That will not do.

No more spin, no more double talk.....just answer the question, or YET AGAIN another thread will be closed because KJVO turn a blind eye and dishonestly refuse to tell the truth. Will you explain where this reading came from, and back your answer up with evidence?

6. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    robycop3:The question is a simple one, asked at the beginning of this thread: Kaiper esti is not in any known manuscript. How, then, did it get into the TR?

Mr. Correa:There it is! It was there Before ther was Time!

No, it wasn't. Please make a post that makes sense. I know you're capable.

Now, will you please try to make a LEGITIMATE answer?

7. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Isn't that answer quite like the "knowing"?

8. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The question is there...HOW DID KAIPER ESTI GET INTO THE TEXTUS RECEPTUS AT REV.17:8 WHEN NO KNOWN MSS, INCLUDING THOSE USED TO COMPILE THE TR, CONTAINS THOSE WORDS AT THAT VERSE?

If no defender of that reading posts a legitimate answer before the thread is closed, we Freedom Readers will consider it a victory, that the Onlyists just cannot answer. They've had PLENTY of time to find an answer, and so far, have flopped.

How about it, KJVOnlyists? This is yer big chance to shine!

9. william s. correa

It is agreed that Erasmus had ten man scripts: four from England, five from Basle, and one borrowed from his friend John Reuchlin.Reuchlin’s codex seemed to Erasmus the oldest, though it is actually from the 10th or 12th century. It represented the best of the available codices, yet Erasmus distrusted it, and utilized it only for the book of Revelation. Erasmus wrote to Reuchlin in August of 1514 and said,

alph and omega ministries credit given yo
    "It is also my intention to see to the printing of the New Testament in Greek, with my own annotations added. They say that you have an eminently correct copy of this [New Testament in Greek], and if you would lend it to John Froben you will do a favor not only to him and to me, but also to all the studious. Your copy, intact and unstained, will be returned to you."

Faludy states that this codex is still extant.

As to the identification of the other manuscripts used, opinions differ. Phillips says “which they were is now unknown."
    Above is Erasmuses own words from his history! So it Agreed that the Roman catholic Church was in charge of most of the the Manuscipts and thats why you may never find the text but that dosent mean that these texts didnt exist! I happen to say they were there, for he didnt trust the Catholic church or "Her" ways of keeping the Scriptures or re- writting them to appease the pope! So he took a chance with his life and Won! The text is there and was always there! If he didnt write what the RC wanted in the monastery they would have Burned him at the Stake. I trust Erasmuse's translation into English from the Greek take it or leave it! Theres your proof! No guesswork! The Guess work is The MV's cannot Stand the truth!

10. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

William when you copy and paste you need to give credit to the author. You might ask how do I know the above is not your original material? I have read your material and this aint it.

Bro Tony

11. DesiderioDomini

We are still waiting....so far, all you have done is allude to "it COULD be in this manuscript".

Is this the best you can come up with? Perhaps you should use YAHOO and Google.

12. william s. correa

ERASMUS OF ROTTERDAM: HIS NEW TESTAMENT AND ITS IMPORTANCE

By James White

13. william s. correa

Reuchlin’s codex the oldest, though it is actually from the 10th or 12th century.Erasmuses own words from his history! So it Agreed that the Roman catholic Church was in charge of most of the the Manuscipts and thats why you may never find the text but that dosent mean that these texts didnt exist! I happen to say they were there, for he didnt trust the Catholic church or "Her" ways of keeping the Scriptures or re- writting them to appease the pope! So he took a chance with his life and Won! The text is there and was always there! If he didnt write what the RC wanted in the monastery they would have Burned him at the Stake. I trust Erasmuse's translation into English from the Greek take it or leave it! Theres your proof! No guesswork! The Guess work is The MV's cannot Stand the truth! This is my work!

14. DesiderioDomini

William, you agree with White's assessment of Erasmus' text?

15. william s. correa

They Burned the Evidence and they will not get away with it! It is a Conspiracy to defame the KJB and get people to buy more bibles! The text is there and I will find it! It is in Codex Reuchlin! It is in Origen! If it is missing then you have the corruped church to blame "Lets get rid of the Body" said the 12 year old Pope! to the Monk!

16. william s. correa

I agree with Erasmuse's life that he led in trying to live in a time when you couldent Go against the Church and his New testament translation into english! And White is just the Messenger!

17. william s. correa

Thank you !

18. DesiderioDomini

You are saying that the reading in question in Revelation 17:8 is found in Codex Reuchlin and in quotations from Origen? Do I understand you right?

BTW, White is the messenger of what? Do you actually agree with what he has to say about Erasmus' text?

19. william s. correa

Google Stock just Sky rocketed thanx to DD! Now Yahoo I'm not too sure about them! Revelation 17:8 is talking about the exact same thing we are battleing for Wether or not "God" or "god" is in control! and yet is means he will have a time before he is thrown into perdition! he thinks he will rein but King Jesus will kick his but into hell where he belongs!

20. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL! ROFLOL! William's responses just keep getting stranger and stranger! Anybody with an IQ greater than his hat size knows the Roman Catholic Church did not use either the Byzantine textform (of which the TR is the most well known representative) or the Alexandrian textform! The RCC used the Western textform!

I guess history is another subject that william is sadly deficient in. He seems blissfully unaware of the Great Schism starting in 860 AD over the filioque controversy which resulted in the mutual ex-communication of the Eastern and Western Catholic churches. And, as usual, william seems equally unaware that the text he champions, that of Erasmus, was preserved by the Easter Catholic Church! LOL! ROFLOL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.