1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Revelation 20!

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by OldRegular, May 17, 2015.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

There is a doctrine. Most dispensationalists on this Forum will not admit it exists. Only blessedwife318 and HankD would state that the "parenthesis" Church was a part of dispensational doctrine.

I present the doctrine from those who initiated it{John Nelson Darby} and those who teach it{Scofield, Chafer, Walvoord, Ironside, Pentecost, Ryrie, Ice, and assorted others}!

And how do you know with whom I have discussions!

Most Rapture Ready dispensationalists believe GOD has revealed new truths, hidden for 1800 years, to them; initially through John Nelson Darby and then Scofield, Chafer, Walvoord, Ironside, Pentecost, Ryrie, Ice, and assorted others.

2. OldRegular

HE is GOD don't you know?

3. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A parenthetical view is based on the assumption that those saved in the Tribulation are not members of the Church, and not all Dispensationalists hold to that.

Not sure why it would be denied that this is a belief among some dispensationalists, or why that would be an issue you find so important.

Or why you would think this affects the Doctrine of the Rapture, which you will not admit, though it is right there in Scripture. You will not deny the teaching of the catching away, just like Progressive Dispensationalists will not prove a Post-Trib Rapture based on the word Parousia.

Well, how about discussing it with some Pre-Millennials who have not sat under their teaching and have based their views out of Scripture?

An equivalent to what you are doing, OR, is when people condemn Christianity because of Catholicism.

There is more to Christianity than Catholicism, correct?

Because I have been one who has tried to discuss it with you. I have read discussion you have with other pre-millennials.

You don't talk to us, you talk at us.

What does what "most rapture ready dispensationalists" have to do with it? lol

Does that mean that all who hold to the Pre-Tribulation Rapture all believe identically?

If that is true then so is "All Christians believe what Catholicism teaches."

You can't even say all Catholics believe what Catholicism teaches.

The Rapture was revealed by Paul in the First Century. God initiated that revelation.

The Pre-Trib Rapture is a conclusion based on First Century texts.

So the Trinity was initially taught by Catholicism? Or name an earlier source. Did they initiate it?

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. OldRegular

6. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He does not say that all dispies hold to that position. You like to pick and choose who you use as sources and then try to paint everyone in that light. How convenient. You will not likely find a dispy on this board who holds to such idiocy and out of all the dispies I know far and wide none hold to that junk.

8. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

He is God the Son who is giving the Kingdom to God the Father again why would Christ be giving His father a Kingdom if it is already in Heaven with the Father reigning and the Son on His right hand?

9. OldRegular

Daniel 9:24-27
    24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
    25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
    26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
    27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Applying the literal hermeneutic of Rapture Ready dispensationalists the above passage from Daniel states absolutely nothing about either the Great Tribulation or the rebuilt temple! Of course iffen you want to fantasize like John Nelson Darby did you can discover new revelation from GOD! Truth is Jesus Christ was crucified at the instigation of the Jews AFTER the 69th week which would put the Crucifixion into the 70th week, actually the middle of the 70th week after the 3.5 year ministry of Jesus Christ, my Savior!

Matthew 24:15-16
    15. When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
    16. Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

Even fantasizing like John Nelson Darby I see no mention of the rebuilt temple. Actually the above Scripture are in reference to the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple in70 AD, in my opinion GOD's judgement on Israel and certainly fulfillment of the promise of Jesus Christ in Matthew 1-3.

2 Thessalonians 2:3, 4
    3. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
    4. Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Where does the above Scripture talk about a rebuilt temple? Are you familiar with the following Scripture:

1 Corinthians 6:19. What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

Ephesians 2:15-21
    15. Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
    16. And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
    17. And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
    18. For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
    19. Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
    20. And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
    21. In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

The Church is the Temple of GOD! Now you eisegete the passage from Thessalonians based on that truth!

Revelation 11:1,2
    1. And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
    2. But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Ice is making the false assumption that the above takes place during some seven year period that is supposedly Daniel's 70th week which happened 2000 years ago.

Revelation 13:15. And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

Apparently Ice's imagination is as fertile as that of John Nelson Darby iffy he found the rebuilt temple in that Scripture.

Now Personally I am partial to the following Scripture from Revelation.

Revelation 11:15-19
    14. The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.
    15. And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.
    16. And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,
    17. Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.
    18. And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.
    19. And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

Now with the sound of the seventh trumpet The kingdoms of this world are become [the kingdoms] of our Lord, and of his Christ. Rather than a vision of woe we see a picture of the triumph of the Kingdom of God. Voices ring out, the praise of all the host of heaven, the great multitude, the four beasts, and the twenty four elders. The coming of the Kingdom brings resurrection, the resurrection to life, the Blessed Hope, of those who are redeemed to God by the blood of the Lamb. These are the ones who fear His Name [Matthew 10:28], those who overcome [1 John 5:4], those whose robes have been washed white in the blood of the Lamb [Revelation 7:14]. These will wear a crown: the crown of life [Revelation 2:10], the crown of righteousness [2 Timothy 4:8]. These will enter into the joy of the Lord [Matthew 25:21] and become pillars in the Temple of God [Revelation 3:12]. With all the host of heaven, the redeemed will sing: We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned. And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

In the above we have a clear picture of what happens at the Second Coming of Jesus Christ, the general resurrection and judgment as promised by Jesus Christ in John 5:28, 29.

10. OldRegular

I am glad you finally came to understand that GOD is reigning now! That is what I call progress.

11. OldRegular

I did not call dispensational doctrine Junk, you did. I want all the moderators and administrators to know I am not guilty of calling dispensational doctrine Junk!

12. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't either. I called his doctrine junk.

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You ought to be the one embarrassed! I have told you many times that there are as many kinds of dispensationalists as there are Baptists. You keep arguing from some authorities' position instead of interacting with one of our positions so you don't have any idea what any of our beliefs are. And yet we differ among ourselves. Like the "parenthesis church" which I don't accept, and you are determined to make sure that I believe it any way simply because I am a pre-trib dispensationalist. lol
    Find out what a person believes before you start shoving something down their throat that they don't even believe. Dispensationalism is not homogeneous among those who believe in it.

You are a Calvinist by the fact of believing in the DoG, but you don't like the name. The same with Icon, but he doesn't mind the name. But so is MacArthur a Calvinist, an outspoken Calvinist--dispensational, pre-trib, premil, etc. Do you expect us to say that all Calvinists are the same. (IMO, they essentially are--followers of TULIP--attributing evil to God). But that is my opinion.
    Does he have the same credentials of Scofield and Darby? :laugh:
    I see you often quote the KJV?
    Do you have the credentials of Ruckman??

Our credentials come from the Word that we study. If you claim the same I trust that you will give your opponents the same respect.

14. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You haven't read much dispensational literature then. And I'm referring to the scholarly or academic side of dispyism.

15. OldRegular

Apparently he is not the only one! Let's see: There is this one, and this one, and that one, and then there is another one, and on and on!

16. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Never said He wasn't you just never read far enough to see it.

17. OldRegular

Most on this Forum are entitled to their opinion. Others must tread lightly!

I would say he is much, much closer to the truth than Darby or Scofield. At least he has not propagated the scandalous doctrine of the "parenthesis" Church like many pre-trib scholars!

I haven't read Calvin but the two things he was definitely wrong about are infant Baptism and the Lord's Supper.
    If you have a problem with the KJV spit it out. I like the KJV!

Never heard of him!

So what is the point of a debate Forum?

18. OldRegular

I am not the only one on this Forum that will be surprised!

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

After almost 22,000 posts you are just getting around to asking this now??

20. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Over and over I have said God is in charge of all things being that He is omnipotent.
    He is sovereign and His plan is and always has been for mankind to be saved. His plan as I have continually stated included the current dispensation of the church. The church was never an addition in history but a known and planned time by God. It is also in His plan to redeem creation with His wrath in the tribulation and meet the terms of redemption laid out in the book of redemption seen in Revelation 5.

Never said He was not in charge of everything.