1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Revelation 20!

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by OldRegular, May 17, 2015.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

One more texan with brown eyes!

2. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Okay whatever that is spose to mean must be something Northern.

3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Hebrews were in bondage in Egypt (a "strange land") 400 years.

Israel is a model of the fact that even though God is in absolute control of everything and omni-everything, He allows/permits/decrees (choose your comfort word) to temporarily put the reins of control in the hands of whomsoever He chooses (Pharaoh, Caesar, Satan, etc).

Acts 7
    6 And God spake on this wise, That his seed should sojourn in a strange land; and that they should bring them into bondage, and entreat them evil four hundred years.
    7 And the nation to whom they shall be in bondage will I judge, said God: and after that shall they come forth, and serve me in this place.

And indeed He did for a purpose:

Romans 9
    17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
    18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

For His own glory God has allowed/permitted/decreed (choose your comfort word) Satan to have control over the governmental systems of this present age.

NIV Psalm 115:3 Our God is in heaven; he does whatever pleases him.

NIV 1 John 5:19 We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.

One day He will take back the reins from the evil one and require retribution of him and those who lived by the devil's life principles, the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life:

Isaiah 13
    9 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.
    10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.
    11 And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogance of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.

Isaiah 14
    12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
    13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
    14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
    15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
    16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;
    17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?

HankD

4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You don't want to know, I'm not a Texan but I was in the military with both Texans and Yankees.

HankD

5. OldRegular

Hank, I also have brown eyes but I am not from Texas. Big difference!

:thumbsup::wavey::laugh::saint:

6. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Lots of folks in Texas with Blue Eyes, Green Eyes and Brown Eyes. But it must be an ethnic joke of some kind!

7. OldRegular

And I thought that texans were the fount of all knowledge!

8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am exempt OR I have sky blue eyes.

:laugh:

HankD

9. OldRegular

Don't believe anyone has yet answered the question posed in the OP!

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

In my Bible there are 66 books of the Bible, not just one chapter.

11. OldRegular

That does not answer the question!

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

OR, your OP was rightly answered by Sapper Woody in the very second post of this thread:
    You have created a straw man.
    It cannot be answered because that is not what is being presented in Revelation 20. There is more than one chapter in the Bible.

13. OldRegular

It cannot be answered because the Nation Israel is not there! Period!

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The nation of Israel is not in 1Cor.12 either. It is not speaking of the nation of Israel. These truths are self evident. Why are you asking a question based on a false premise? The beginning of Revelation speaks of two resurrections with an intervening period of one thousand years. In the first resurrection there are the NT believers. Then there is the reign of Christ for a thousand years. Then the dead rise, the Great White Throne Judgment. Nothing is said about Israel.

This book was not written to Israel.
    In the introduction to the book we read:
    Revelation 1:4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

In chapters 3 and 4 we read about Jesus addressing 7 pastors of 7 churches.
    The book was not written to Israel.
    You are basing your question on a false premise.
    I ask you what I asked another poster: Do you find spaceships in South Dakota in this book? You can read anything you want to into the Bible. You want to play the game of eisigesis. But Israel is not there, in that chapter, because God decided not to put it there.
    But in many other chapters of the Bible it is there and cannot be denied.

15. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's a fact that the Israelis have all the materials ready to quickly build a new temple when the right time comes, and they're breeding, or have bred, the animals to be used in temple observances & ceremonies, such as red heifers. They've also made the tools to be used within the temple.

Now, I have doubts this new temple will TRULY be a TEMPLE OF GOD when built, but mosta the world will see it that way. A major stumbling block will be obtaining fire for the altar from God, but I'm sure some Cohen will "miraculously" produce such fire, or pray over some wood soaked in brake fluid when it's placed into a tray filled with Pool Shock, or some other method of "spontaneous" combustion upon demand. The Orthodox Jews will perform all the Old Testament temple rituals in their new temple.(Maybe Indy Jones will drop off the ark of the Covenant for them?)

The coming man of sin will perform the "abomination of desolation" in this temple, setting up his statue & proclaiming himself to be God, while his false-prophet deputy causes that statue to speak. Now, one may ask, "If it's not really a temple of God, how can the AOD occur in it?" EASY! I cannot think of a greater spoken abomination than one to declare himself to be God, whether it takes place in a housa worship or atop a dairy farmer's compost heap.

I believe all the above will occur, as the AOD, mentioned by both Daniel and Jesus, did not occur in the old temple.

16. OldRegular

That is correct. It is written to the churches yet you claim the Church is absent from Chapter 4 thru Chapter 19.:laugh:-:laugh:-:laugh:-:laugh:

17. OldRegular

It will not be a Temple of GOD. GOD destroyed the last Temple in HIS judgment on the Jews. Just as the Mass of Roman Catholicism is an abomination the offering of animals in a bloody sacrifice to GOD is an abomination!

18. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

That is a fairly arrogant statement.
    Who are you to say that man cannot build a temple. Man has been building temples for at least 5-6,000 years. And you don't think he can build another one?? Some sources say they have already started.
    The U.S. already has the capability to shoot missiles out of the air simply using a laser beam. If they have that type of technology do you think they have the technology to build a temple?? I think you are a bit behind the times here.
    There is nothing to stop them.

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Technically, no I don't. It is absent from 6 through 19. It is those chapters that describe the Tribulation. Believers are not appointed unto wrath.
    Added unto that is the description of those that will be there during that period.
    Tell me OR:
    Will you come under such deception that you will believe a lie?
    --such a lie to make you deny the deity of Christ and believe that a demon-possessed man (the Anti-Christ) is God. Will you believe that?
    --Will you be in a position that you will not be eternally secure but such wrath will be upon you that it is certain that you will be eternally damned.

Those are the ones that will be in the Tribulation during Rev.6 to 19 after the Rapture occurs. If Christ should come today would you be left behind to be eternally damned?

Look at scripture:
    2Th 2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
    --The "day of Christ" refers to the Tribulation and then the Second Coming.
    Before the Tribulation happens the rapture will occur, and then the revealing of the Antichrist.

(KJV) And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
    (WNT) And now you know what restrains him, in order that his true character may be revealed at his appointed time.
    --The restraining influence is the Holy Spirit that indwells the believers.

2Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
    2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
    2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

There will not be any Christians there. How can there by?
    They will all be deceived believing that the Antichrist is God.
    They will all be damned--eternally.
    They all are not saved.
    They all have not received the love of the truth so they will not be saved.

Does that sound like the church going through "The Tribulation"?

20. OldRegular

Read what I said DHK. Your brain is not in your fingers! At least I hope not! I said:
    The Church is the Temple of GOD just as each of those who are the Redeemed by Jesus Christ!

Ephesians 2:11-22
    11. Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
    12. That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
    13. But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
    14.For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
    15. Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
    16. And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
    17. And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
    18. For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
    19. Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
    20. And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
    21. In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
    22. In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

1 Corinthians 6:19. What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?[/i][/color][/b]