1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Revelation 7 and the seals.

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by webdog, Oct 30, 2005.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

In Rev. 7 John sees a great multitude wearing white robes standing around the throne as if they had instantly appeared out of no
    where. This is different that the
    martyrs in chapter 5 who are under the altar. This multitude is wearing their robes. John exclaims, who are these people and where did they come from? The elder answers from out
    of the Great Tribulation. Isn't this when the rapture takes place, between seals 6 and 7?

The first seal is the Anti Christ riding in. He is the cause of seals 2-5, where 5 is the death of martyrs. If God is the one causing the action of the seals, then that means he is responsible directly for the death of the martyrs in seal 5, no? Wouldn't this put the rapture after the start of the tribulation? Please provide Scripture and references supporting or refuting this pre wrath view of the rapture. I have always been pre trib, but my friend brought up the above point.

2. bapmom

bapmom New Member

It could be, web, but I think that you'd have to read alot into it.

Isn't it more that the saints are revealed to John suddenly, rather than that they suddenly appeared? I mean, just because he saw them then and not before does not mean that they were not there before.

I also believe there's evidence that people will be saved after the beginning of the Tribulation, so these martyrs could be those who died after having been saved during the Tribulation. Either way it does not rule out pre-trib.

3. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

4. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We've already shown the "his branch/her branch" thingie is pure speculation.