1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Revelation Question

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by dh1948, Aug 28, 2008.

1. dh1948

dh1948 Member
    Site Supporter

I know we will not all agree on the details of the Book of Revelation, but humor me by assuming what I believe is correct!

I believe that during the Tribulation people will be saved. Some of those will be killed because of their testimony for Jesus. Those who survive the Tribulation will enter the 1,000 year kingdom in their natural bodies. Children will be born during that time to those who have natural bodies.

At the end of the 1,000 years the battle of Gog and Magog will usher in eternity. Now, here's my question: How will those Christians who are still alive at the end of the battle of Gog and Magog (in their natural bodies) acquire a spiritual, glorified body?

Even if you don't agree with my "order of events" you probably have an answer for my question.

So, come on...give me some help on this one.

2. JDale

JDale Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

If you are speaking about the Final Battle against Satan at the end of the 1000 years -- well, the same way those of us who are alive and remain at the Rapture will! Mortal will put on immortality; corruptible will put on incorruption...

JDale

3. skypair

skypair Active Member

JDale is right!

If you want to see it in scripture, read Rev 20:11. "And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them." IMO, the GWT was in the temple on the earth up to this moment with Jesus sitting on it. But the world is about to be 2Pet 3:10'ed -- "...the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up."

As I see it, John was watching the earth disappear in the distance as the saints of the MK will!

BTW, they are "wisked off" to NJ so they can come down in it to the New Earth, Rev 21!

skypair

#3 skypair, Aug 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2008
  4. DrRandyGrace

DrRandyGrace New Member

Joisy the new earth? Okay. Didn't know that, but okay. But, East Tennessee is definitely heaven and the seed garden for the new heaven. :godisgood:

5. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Sorry Doc,
    I lived in that area for five years and it is beautiful but I wouldn't go back on account of the people there. I had my fill and left. They're not so keen on people not born and raised there. A park ranger told me that I should leave the area before dark because people see someone driving through after dark were just as likely to shoot at them than anything else. It is definately not heaven.