1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Revised Version 1881

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by NaasPreacher (C4K), Feb 12, 2004.

1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I have an 1882 Parallel New Testament with the 1611 AV and the 1881 Revised Version. Does anyone know anything about the version?

If at all posible, please keep this on topic and not turn it into an anti-MV rage.

2. LRL71

LRL71 New Member

I once also had a parallel KJV/RV Bible, but no date on the printing (although it mentions the ASV 1901). Does your parallel Bible have the differences listed above & below only the words that are different in each version, or is each version listed on separate pages? My KJV/RV parallel Bible was like the first that I described, and the cover was in burgundy hardcover. I was recently at the Great Library (my local Christian bookstore) and found a Cambridge KJV/RV Bible that is like the one I had; it is $90! Nice..... [​IMG]

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Mine was published jointly by Oxford and Cambrdige in 1882. Green hardcover, not in super shape and has the two versions side by side with "American changes" listed in the back. I paid 50p sterling for it on a trip to Wales.

4. Walls

Walls New Member

I have a parallel Bible that used to be my grandmother's. It has the KJV primary and then where the words are different the RSV and ASV. It has alot of photographs of the renaissance art work in there too. I must say that I don't find that art work very modest at all. I keep it only because it was my grandmothers and she is now gone.

5. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. NaasPreacher (C4K)