1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Revival a call to repentance

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Romans7man, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

Hi Tom,

Yes, but God uses certain men with a certain message and all is in conjunction with the prayer of His children. We could all use a little 'working up' at times. If one does not get at least some 'worked up' over the need, such a one may never be used to fulfill the need. God often works in direct correlation to the cries of His people. We need to get a little worked up over sin and the state of our own lives, our families and friends, and our nation before God. The prophets used by God certainly got even more than a little worked up at times, and at times God granted them the fruits of their labors.

Oh God, help me to get worked up. Don't let me become simply as other men.

#21 Heavenly Pilgrim, Dec 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2011
  2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Can you give any Biblical example of such a prayer?

3. Heavenly Pilgrim

Do you think Moses for example ever got worked up in prayer over his chldren? How about David as he poured out his petitions to the Lord? How about some of the prophets in sack cloth, pulling out their beards or hair, or shaving off their hair? I am not suggesting we do somthing just because a man of God did it, but still, we see dire earnest in the lives of godly men throughout the Scriptures......to say nothing of sweating drops of blood by our Savior.

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I simply asked for a specific example in Scripture. Can you provide one?

5. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

6. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

One thing about it Brother is this. If the Raiders beat the Chargers sunday and make the playoffs, there'll be "revival" at my house that evening!! :laugh: :wavey: :flower: :love2:

7. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

You think your freewill will bring revival. It won't. It can't even bring salvation.

You prove my point, thanks.

8. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

lol!

Hey, we need the broncos to lose also. Go chiefs!!!!!!! (the latter was hard to type)

9. Romans7man

Romans7man New Member

The whole word of God is a call to revival! and the Spirit has already been poured out. So what else are you looking/waiting for?
    We have our marching orders, so use your freewill and get to it. If you don't have any freewill, I'll let you borrow some of mine.

10. Heavenly Pilgrim

His freewill has decided to turn his attention to other matters.