1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Revival...in IFB churches????

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Gerad, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Gerad

Gerad New Member

Folks, has anyone ever heard of a major revival in church history coming from the IFB wing of Christianity? I haven't. I've read of MEthodist revivals that touched the world. I've read of Pentecostal revivals that hjave touched the world. I've read of Charismatic revivals that have touched the world. I've read of Presbyterian revivals that have touched the world. I've read of Chatoloc revivals that have touched the world. But I've never once read of a revival that has touched the world from the Independent, Fundamental Baptist arena. Why is that? This is something that needs to be discussed. Is it the legalism that squashed revivals from IFB's? The miitant attitudes that squashes revival from the IFB'S? The Ecclesiastical separation that squashes revival from the IGBers????????? WHY DOESN'T GOD MOVE IN THE IFB ARENA???????????????????????????

2. GodsAmbassador

GodsAmbassador New Member

Well, there may not have been a major revival coming from IFB churches, but I know in my own church that God is working all the time. A lot of the major revivals back in the days of John Wesley and John Bunyan, while they may have come from a Methodist church or something, they were a lot more sound back then, and were similar (in my opinion) to the IFB. Maybe they didn't do EVERYTHING like we do them, but the main thing is they believed like we do.

3. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

I don't think it has anything at all to do with the "denominations" involved.I think it has everything to do with the general apostasy of the era we now live in and the "falling away" of many that was prophesied to happen just prior to the Lord's return.JMO

Greg Sr.

4. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

What I know of IFB churches is that they seem quite good at discipleship, so as to whether they are in revival or not, I would have to look at how they are doing with church planting in the body of Christ.

5. PASTOR MHG

PASTOR MHG New Member

If you dig deep enough into the history of the Great Awakening you will find that much of the revival in the south was influenced and carried out by a group of Georgia Baptist Preachers...and a great deal of the growth of the Baptist Church in the US came from converts from the great revivals of the past...People may have been converted under the preaching of Methodist, Presbyterians, and others...but when it came time to unite with a church they figured out where the doctrine was right.

Max