1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Revival

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by preacher4truth, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    except that God has a demand for peopple to come and be seperate from 'spiritual babylon", for IF one attends a RCC, and has been truely saved, they no longer view catholic doctrines as being bilical, so no longer a true catholic, and they will not be allowed to teach contrary to Rome theology!

2. thisnumbersdisconnected

Sorry, but that is assuming the Catholic Church is the "false religion" of the Tribulation, and I really don't see any proof of that. The Pentecostals, Oneness denominations, Mormons, JW's, etc., are far further afield of truth than the Catholics are. No one ever mentions them as the possible "false religion." The Catholics make the same mistake many mainstream non-orthodox churches make: The mix works in with faith. That doesn't make them a "spiritual Babylon." It makes them just misled and misguided. True, the "saints worship" of many more ritualistic Catholics, and the extremists who want to make Mary a "second redeemer" are flat-out false teachers. But calling them out as spiritually lost in general would be a big mistake. Mistaken, yes. Bad theology, yes. Even false teachers among them, yes. That isn't saying anything about the Catholic Church that can't be said about isolated elements of every other Christian denomination in the world. Like those denominations, people still flounder their way to Christ despite the errors.

As to the "false religion" of the Tribulation, I am more inclined to believe it is Islam. Won't make any difference to me. By death or by Rapture, I won't be here.

#42 thisnumbersdisconnected, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2013
  3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not assuminhg thatthe church of rome is the Great Whoe in Revelation, but would say that ii is NOT a true christian church, is teaching a false Gospel, so would see God demanding those saved by him to come out of their!

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I Agree---And show the others the WAY!

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeshua......I know one RC Priest who is much more intouch then any Ive seen on this board & it has surprised him that the RCC has not thrown him out....cause your going to get the Truth directly from scripture each & every time you talk to the guy. Plus he is a committed Franciscan, which means that his life is totally devoted to the "Poor" In spirit & life.

I tell you this, this guy is more religiously radical than anyone Ive ever encountered. It is his belief, that he is furthering Christ & The Kingdom from within the gates then from the outside. And God forbid they ever excommunicate him, he will continue either independently or with another Religious Society......And the Catholics know that.