1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Rewards

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Moriah, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I thought of my current sins, then I went through the years of my life in my mind and admitted to sins that I had one time defended. I went through the years of my life all the way to as far back as I could remember.
    You are wrong to say that I am saying unless you confess every single sin and not to forget a sin then you are not saved. Stop making things up that I did not say. Read the scriptures that I gave you about people openly confessing their sins. They were presently committing the sins that they openly confessed.
    Of course, I have confessed to being a sinner, and I felt sorry for all of my sins. I know who I was and what I did.

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I understand the Scriptures well. Your explanation is lacking.
    Here is the excuse you are using. You are using "context" of this passage.

"Read scripture 28, the scripture just before that one you want me to explain. Jesus said to them, “I tell you the truth, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel."

But Jesus said similar things in many different contexts. I will give you a few:

Mark 10:21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
    --This is what he said to the rich young ruler.

And to his disciples:
    Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

Mark 8:34 And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Mark 8:36-37 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Mark 8:38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Luke 9:62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

Have you obeyed?

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No human mind could remember every sin they have committed. Most cannot remember all the sins they commit in one day if they are honest with themselves--every bad thought, every idle word, every angry or needless expression towards another,
    "By thy words thou shalt by justified and by thy words thou shalt be condemned."
    --You can remember every thing you have ever said, whether good or bad?? That is truly amazing!! Or is it a lie?
    That is what you are teaching on the board. Don't you practice in your life what you teach others. What you are teaching is heresy.
    Go back and read. I quoted you word for word. You tell people they must confess or repent of their sins. No one can confess all their sins, much less remember them. You tell them that they must do something that is impossible to do. And then you tell them that is what the Bible commands. Nonsense! The Bible commands no such thing.
    We need to confess to being a sinner. A certain amount of sorrow is not wrong. But sorrow is not repentance. If there is no Biblical repentance how can one be saved? Biblical repentance and Biblical faith are two sides of the same coin. They go hand in hand. One cannot have faith in Christ without repenting at the same time. Nowhere does the NT teach that we need to repent of all our sins. That may be your teaching, but not the Bible's teaching.

4. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: Once again DHK shows both arrogance and a complete double standard, one for himself and yet another for others. He does not quote Moriah directly, and yet calls others liars etc. when they do the same to him. Sheer hypocrisy is what we are witnessing. Nothing new there with DHK.

No one, apart from possibly one with a photographic memory, could recount every sin committed, yet that is what DHK tries to say one is saying is a necessity if one state we are commanded to repent of all our sins. His mockery of the Scriptural admonition to repent of ones sins is duly noted, by One that will not forget as he so often does, God Himself. DHK, as will any others, shall soon enough have a rude awakening before the Infinite Judge that penned the command to repent or perish, if we follow in the mockery DHK is pursuing of God's command.

Don't be offended Moriah. His beef is with the Word of God, not yourself or any other.

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Here is the direct quote from Moriah:
    What Moriah says I don't believe, is what Moriah believes: "we...have to confess our sins...be sorry for our sins before being saved." Then notice the unwarranted personal attack.
    You are right HP, about no one being able to remember all their sins. And that is not what I advocate, but if you read what Moriah posted: "confess our sins...be sorry for our sins before being saved," then that is what he is advocating. That is his definition of repentance. But that is not what repentance is. And that is not what the Bible teaches.
    I resent the false teaching of Moriah who has no idea what repentance is, and posts it on this board anyway. You agree that no man can remember all their sins, much less repent of them all. But Moriah believes one must.
    HP, you can agree with Moriah, or you can agree with the Bible. You can't agree with both.

6. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Thank you so very much, for everything that you say here.