1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Rewards

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Moriah, Apr 6, 2012.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

2. Moriah

Moriah New Member

So what are you trying to say? Are you saying Jesus was not telling the truth?

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm saying Scripture contradicts your assertion.

4. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Tell me what is so hard to understand about Jesus' words “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’ and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.” “Do this and you will live.” What is so hard to understand about that? Do you not think you have to do those things to live?

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

And did he live? He was a Pharisee.
    He died. He died physically, and no doubt spiritually.

You don't love the Lord with all your heart, soul, strength, and my mind.
    No person can.
    Take for example "strength." Every ounce of strength, every muscle you have, giving your all, all the time, are you doing that for the Lord? No, it is evident that you are not.
    Your "mind". Have you control over every thought that comes through your mind--never an angry word or even thought? Never a false accusation? Never an "idle word," as Jesus said.

2 Corinthians 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
    --Do you bring into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ? I don't believe you do. Many of them show up here.

If you loved your neighbor as your self you would go to the starving and feed them as yourself.
    You would go to those in poverty and see that they are clothed for they can't afford to clothe themselves adequately.
    Most of all you would go to the unreached nations of the world and tell them of Jesus because they have never heard of him before--if you love your neighbor as yourself.
    Of course if you are a hyper-Calvinist, then you don't have to tell them, God will elect them and they will get saved in God's time, in God's way, and without your help. But, quite frankly, I don't think that is biblical teaching.

6. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Where does the Bible say he died and went to Hell?
    Are you getting that from the Bible, or from your assumptions? The Bible says judge nothing before the appointed time.
    If I said I did not, then I would be a liar like you.
    Are you speaking for the accuser as an accuser? Sounds like it to me. If you do not think you are an accuser of the brethren tell me what YOU think one sounds like. I will wait for your answer.
    I do what Jesus says to do. Your judgment is not important to me. You even believe that it is normal for Christians to sin daily.

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You don't take the words of Jesus seriously.
    You don't take the words of the Bible seriously.
    Tell me, why should anyone here take you seriously?

8. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Show me where the scriptures say what you say they say. Show me or repent.

9. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Back at you:
    You don't take the words of Jesus seriously.
    You don't take the words of the Bible seriously.
    Tell me, why should anyone here take you seriously?

If people listen to you and not me, then you are endangering them to fire.

10. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I know why people will listen to you and not me; it is because you give them a license to sin. You tell them they are still saved no matter what about their sins.

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Moriah, It is right in the verse. Just look at it objectively:

Colossians 3:24 Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

inheritance--for ye serve the Lord.
    Your inheritance is directly related to your service.
    Just look at the verse.
    It is the "reward of your inheritance." It is for serving the Lord.
    It is a reward.
    There is nothing here to even indicate or point one to eternal life. It is all about service.

12. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You are not answering the question. Show where the Bible says what you said it says. You said, "Rewards."

You do not speak the words of God. You need to show the scripture that says what you say it says, or repent.

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

That is not true. I don't claim entire sanctification, sinlessness. You do.

Thou shalt love your neighbor as yourself.
    I explained that verse to you.
    You know you don't love your neighbor (the world) as yourself.
    Why do you claim that you do?

14. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Stop trying to avoid your sin of adding to the Bible. Show now where the scripture says, "Rewards."

15. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Here again is the falseness you speak. Show us where the scripture is that says what you say it says. Show where it says rewards or repent and admit error.

16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Luke 10:26-28 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

Are your personal attacks an example of how you love God and keep his commandments?

#36 DHK, Apr 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2012
  17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Luke 10:26-28 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

Is your personal attack an example of how you love God, and keep his commandments?

18. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Originally Posted by DHK View Post
    Colossians 3:24 Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.
    --It is evident that the verse is speaking of the inheritance of rewards. It is written to believers, and is speaking of rewards. The entire chapter speaks of rewards. We lay up an inheritance of rewards.
    Near the beginning of the chapter Paul says:

Colossians 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
    --He is speaking of rewards, not eternal life. Our rewards make up our inheritance. Set your affection on things above.

DHK,

You said those things. Show from the scriptures where it says what you say it says, show where it says "Rewards." Show it now or repent.

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

--It is evident that the verse is speaking of the inheritance of rewards.

20. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Again, the scripture does not say "rewards."