1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rice Reference Bible

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by labaptist, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Harold Garvey

Harold Garvey New Member

Be glad your words aren't a rope because you would have just hung yourself.

You brought up KJVO, couldn't you have just answered his request without taking a stab at KJVO!

No.

2. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You say this, but in your citation of go2church he made no reference to KJVOism.

3. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I have a very well-worn copy of the RRB that I cherish and refer to frequently. At one time I had three copies and I gave two away to folks who needed Bibles. I would love to see a new edition with some updated notes by contemporary scholars.

4. Harold Garvey

Harold Garvey New Member

:laugh::tongue3:I get a real charge out of seeing posts after mine from people on my ignore list! Why? because unless some one quotes them I can't see what they said!:tongue3::laugh:

5. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, because I believe KJV only-ism actually hurt the Rice Reference Bible.

For better or worse John R. Rice and Sword of the Lord are linked together never to be separated, even though the Sword is a much different publication then it was when Rice ran things. Because of this link, what gets on one gets on the other. Since the Sword as taken a nonsensical stand on KJV, many who might have purchased a Rice Reference didn't because they didn't want to get caught up in the KJV only-ism of the Sword. Just answering the question.

For the record KJV only-ism needs to "stabbed" at, repeatedly until it finally dies and goes away.

6. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmm, that must mean that I'm not on your ignore list after all. You're too much HG. You get a charge out of my posts which you can't see?!

Admit it HG. I'm not on your ignore list after all. I'm hard to ignore. But you can keep pretending. You're always good for a laugh.