1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Richard Roberts Quits ORU

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by Forever settled in heaven, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Ex-Fundy

Ex-Fundy New Member

I will only comment with the Word of God:

and....

Just that simple.

2. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

I believe, Richard Roberts did

the right thing in resigning. Let us pray that the new president will be one who honors and obeys the Lord.

I am not here to condemn or condone the Roberts of their deeds. Just glad that Richard resign.as president of ORU. You have to admit what the professors did namely shining light on wrongdoings should be applauded for standing up for what is right!

3. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Queueing up "Queen" . . .

"Badah bum bum bum...Another one bites the dust."

4. Forever settled in heaven

Would any of their Board of Regents be of the same stripe as RR? Things like Charismatic signs and wonders, popularity, big money, private jets? If so, it would be a tall order for the foxes to clean up the henhouse.

Those professors who came out of them and became separate are to be saluted (2 Cor. 6:17f.) for their courage and conviction. What are the chances of another J. Gresham Machen exodus?

5. Forever settled in heaven

Seems like the Chronicle of Higher Education has also weighed in on this:

and

I wonder if someone could post a fuller quote from CHE; this is all I could find from the source at http://blog.christianitytoday.com/ctliveblog/archives/2007/11/will_richard_ro.html

6. Forever settled in heaven

Well, it's $70 million this time

ORU gets a promised $70 million infusion, and Richard Roberts appears to say it's God who told him to quit last Friday and who promised him some "supernatural" blessing if he would do so.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=071128_1__Richa77115

[​IMG]

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=071128_238_A1_hFami82066

[​IMG]

Can you identify any of the Board of Regents (seated in front)?

Like magic, he's BACK!! :laugh:

#7 Forever settled in heaven, Nov 28, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2007