1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rick Santorum

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Benjamin, Dec 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billwald

billwald New Member

>The thought of becoming, once again, Israel's pit bull is scary and sickening to me.

Then Ron Paul is your only option.

2. targus

targus New Member

Let's use an analogy that you should be able to relate to...

When the local gangbangers are raping and pillaging the neighborhood and you tell your family, "Never mind, just stay in the yard. Everything will be fine."

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I Support Your Views on Slick....

....I refer to Romney as "slick" in reference to his hair, and tongue. You have a good view of the man. Santorum is at least pro-life (maybe because he is supposed to be a devout Cathoilic). Other than that, if you could share some things, you know about him, I'd be grateful. :thumbs:

Pastor Paul :type:

4. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Please note that Santorum is not pro-life as far as I am concerned:

5. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

Hi Pastor Paul -
    Here are some links for you. Some of the good, the bad and the ugly, and pro and con, on Santorum, and a link to his Iowa Caucus speech a couple days ago. He also has a campaign website you can google although it is not nearly as detailed as I would like to see. And I know there's a lot more info out there. I'm actually still looking things up about him. He's far from my perfect candidate, but in my opinion he has excellent character and he is pro-life, and signed the pro-life pledge. Pro-life from in utero to natural death is my first consideration in a candidate, so that gives you an idea where I'm coming from. I think these links will give you a good start.

http://www.redstate.com/erick/2011/12/29/rick-santorum-earmarxists-and-the-pro-life-statist/
    http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/...e/2012/01/02/id/422750?s=al&promo_code=DD3C-1 (Perry blasting Santorum as big spender)
    http://www.conservativehq.com/article/6114-time-conservatives-get-behind-rick-santorum
    http://www.therightscoop.com/game-on-rick-santorums-amazing-victory-speech/

#45 PamelaK, Jan 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2012
  6. billwald

billwald New Member

>When the local gangbangers are raping and pillaging the neighborhood and you tell your family, "Never mind, just stay in the yard. Everything will be fine."

You REALLY WORRIED about an invasion from Iran? I would hate to be in your shoes.

7. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

8. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

You were right!!!:applause:

10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

In answer to billwald's question, when people started falsely believing an all powerful big brother government would or could save them from harm.

Stay vigilant and keep yer powder dry billwald if the gangbangers and rapists break down your door tell your family to call the police while you defend your castle with maximum force! Don't wait for big brother to save your sorry butt because he's too busy tasering the old lady down the street and fondling little children at the airport to get to you in time to save you and your family.

11. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Being a democrat, I listened to Rick Santorum saturday. To be quite honest, I was very impressed by what he said. I don't know much about him, though. I will need to do some serious investigating on his record as a senator. But I have to admit, I liked what he said.

Noted to add: any and all politicians will promise us the moon to get our votes. So what he said, eventhough it was impressive, will he keep his word? One shall see if he gets elected.

12. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

I liked what he said Saturday as well, and what I heard from Sunday's AM Meet the Press debate also, although I have so far only the heard the first part of the debate on line. Hope to finish it tomorrow. The more I hear him, the more I like him. From everything I have heard he had a good record for the most part in PA, but I have not done the research to see what he promised there vs what he accomplished - good point.

13. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I think Rick Santorum is the best choice right now for the Republicans unless someone slips in who has not announced. The idea is to beat Obama, and from my casual obervation, it looks like the Republicans are trying their hardest to hand the election to Obama on a silver platter. Santorum has the potential to be a good President, because I believe there is some similance of a moral bearing in his makeup. One person I refuse to vote for is Mitt Romney, who does not believe Jesus Christ is God, and is as liberal as they come by examining his record while governor. I cannot understand why a Christian would even consider the person. Not only is he not a Christian, he is a liberal, anti-Constitutional career politician who wants to serve himself to power, not the American people.

14. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

saturneptune, I agree with you that Santorum is the best choice right now. I do like to find everything out that I can about someone's history though, just to be aware and just to be 100 percent assured when I go to cast my vote. And as far as Romney, the link below explains pretty much why I can never vote for the man.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2786522/posts

15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Santorum is finished.

His comments on social security have effectively ended his run for the nomination.

16. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I must have missed that - what did he say?

17. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

Cut SS benifits now instead of waiting 10 years.

He ir right, but that will prove unpopular -- until we can no longer afford to pay at all... :tonofbricks:

18. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He is in favor of cutting social xecurity benefits now...even for current recipients.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...YF2zNw?docId=b1cff9ecefe24ca6ae1764a09761e361

True or not, He can't get elected with that on his platform.

19. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

20. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Much worse, to me, is his vow to "stand against the Tea Party." Yikes!

Not to mention his continual willingness to fund planned parenthood, increase the size of government, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.