1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Rick Warren gushes over Catholics

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by SolaSaint, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Here is an interview that Rick Warren did with Ed Stetzler that should clear up that he DOES NOT believe that Christians and Muslims worship the same God.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ed...interview-on-muslims-evangelism-missions.html

2. thisnumbersdisconnected

... except in the minds of those who simply don't want to believe anything good about Warren, Catholics, Southern Baptists, Dispensationalists, or whatever other subject they have determined to be closed-minded, stubborn and uninformed about. But everybody else will "get it" ... :thumbsup: :laugh:

3. sag38

sag38 Active Member

What a load of bull hooey!!! You don't know anything except what your obvious prejudice against Jews and Dispensationalism tells you. You need to apologize for your ugliness.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep!.....................................

5. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I need to apologize for nothing. I challenge either of you to find the first hateful railing post like others routinely make towards Democrats, RCC, CoC, Muslims, Palestinians, SDA, Mormans, etc. that I've ever made here on this board against anything or anybody, much less concerning the Jews or Israel.

This is a prime example of what I'm referring to, 'you people' are cocked, locked, and loaded to put the bad mouth on our president for even appearing to acknowledge the pope, while refusing to acknowledge the very real power and influence that Zionism has with our leaders, wannabe leaders, foreign policy, our children's future, world peace, etc etc..

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=92739

Skew the Catholic, Adventist, Palestinian, Democrat, Morman, Muslim, Hindu, etc., etc. all you want, but don't dare direct any attention to the influence of the Jews, right?

And sag, you've no room to be accusing someone of being ugly.

#25 kyredneck, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
  6. thisnumbersdisconnected

You mean other than the one they cited? OK ...

Shall I go on? Or is that enough? Oh, wait ... found another one ... in your last post!!
    People disagree with you. People are dispensationalist, Arminian, liturgical, pro-Israel -- and they still love Christ!

Get over it all ready!

7. sag38

sag38 Active Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::

8. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We'll all know soon as ....

..... Warren is launching a new church in the LA area, close to the North Hollywood area that is a community of affluent homosexuals!

SEE:http://www.ocregister.com/articles/warren-610360-saddleback-church.html

According to this article, he's been a very busy little man as he has started churches in Moscow, Berlin and Hong Kong to name a few!

So, time will tell what his stand on same gender ministries is once theo affluent in North Hollywood start coming to his newest outreach!

What impressed me most about this article was Warren's claim that 8,200 people currently attend small group ministries around the world. Ministries associated with Saddleback! NOW that is impressive!

Bon appetite!

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What a peddler

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And are they also willing to go to war to support Israel?:BangHead:

11. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This pope states that we all have a Holy Mother to watch over us, to intercede for us, and the the church of Rome is the ONLY church founded by jesus, teaching the "real Gospel!"

Still cannot support a church and leader who denies the true faith!

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They don't think they are denying the true faith.....rather they claim they are the true faith....you all are the wrong minded.

13. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

You would have been more honest to include yourself among the rest of us! I doubt that anyone on this Forum would
    That is one reason Scripture tells us:

Hebrews 7:25. Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

1 John 1:8-10
    8. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
    9. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
    10. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

14. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

I'm not about to say I'm better than anyone, I have my faults as well. But why is it so terrible to point out a man who encourages a false religion? If you don't feel Catholicism is false then we have another issue. Every false religion has some truth to it, but it is the small amount of poison that ruins the whole. Rick Warren is more concerned with numbers than with truth, that is obvious.

Dude stated he is opening a new church in a affluent homosexual community and that is great, yes I said great. But if he just fills this church with sinners and leaves them in their sin, what has he done? From what I have seen from this man is he will open his arms as wide as he can and say, "Jesus loves you this much" without telling them that their sin offends God and they will go to hell unless they repent from sin and trust Jesus as Lord. :wavey:

15. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ZACTLY! I know zactly how you feel! Why is it so terrible to point out a heresy that encourages a false religion?

16. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Read the prophets...what do ya think they were doing??

17. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

The Apostle Paul wrote most of his epistle's to point out false religion. I wonder what he would think of Rick Warren today? Would he say, can't we just all get along? Me thinks not.

18. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    'cept this ain't under a microscope. It's being shouted from the housetops.

To which of the 95 theses of Martin Luther have the Catholics responded with repentance?

Would Luther be gushing over the "whore of Babylon" today?

19. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  20. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree that the Israel of God is the household of faith, and neither Israel nor Judaism, but Martin Luther spoke of Rome as the whore of Babylon.

Luther was very pro-Jewish in his early years, but his close dealings with them revealed the central antichrist impetus of Judaism after the First Century (indeed, Judaism exists to be antichrist), and having risked his life battling antichrist Rome, was not one to mince words when speaking of those who live to blaspheme Jesus.

Each statement which is listed in the site you linked and needs to be read in context, and I think it was a bit irresponsible to post to this particular site.

No doubt Satan hated Luther, and you will find no shortage of material slandering him and his ministry.